• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Visors with Bikini Top???

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I'm putting on a Bestop bikini top with a drop bracket for the motor. Without the hard top and motor cover, is there a way to still have visors (without welding and fabbing something up? I've seen wiper motor covers with the vendors, but don't think you can have visors with them.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
It would be nice to have these available again...

attachment.php

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
No doubt, I would buy a set in a second. I don't recall where the link is, but there was a tech article showing how someone added a small tube on an L bracket to the windsheild, to simulate the hole in the old wiper cover. Didn't look great but it would work well enough.

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
The facory wiper cover will work if you modify it. You cut a hole in the wiper cover for the motor to stick through and trim the top edge to clear the soft top. I had to move my cover down a pinch to clear the rotating motor arm.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Here's the cheap way to add them.

Attachments

• Bronco 614.jpg
    Bronco 614.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 170

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
When I bought my Bronco with a soft top, it came with the wiper cover and the original sunvisors

Attachments

• DSCN1726.JPG
    DSCN1726.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN1725.JPG
    DSCN1725.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN1723.JPG
    DSCN1723.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 98

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
If you have 66-68 vacuum wipers the visors had two legs. They will work you just need to swap the passenger side to the drive side. The passenger side wont fit any more becuase of the motor. I wish I had my 67 I would post a pic but its at home. But to be honest I dont think I have ever used the visor on any of my broncos I can hardly see thru the windsheild because its so low!