• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Almost done EFI ?

garyp

Loc.
Germantown
I'm getting close to the light at the end of the tunnel and have a few questions.
What do I do with the box on the right fender that the centech harness is plugged in to?
Where do I run the throtle body vent? To the fitting on the front of the upper intake, or to the oil fill tube?
Thanks, Gary
IMG_0376.jpg
IMG_0373.jpg

ENDLIFE

That "box" is your voltage regulator. If you haven't switched to a one wire charging systems, you need that box, and I would highly suggest you leave it alone. There shouldn't be such a thing as a throttle body vent, as any vacuum leak is bad news. There should be a vacuum line connected to your pcv, one connected to the 5.0 fuel regulator, and any other emissions equipment that require a vacuum connection. If you don't want your Bronco to run like poo, I would plug any line on the intake doesn't have a hose to it, and run a vacuum hose to a device if it looks like it needs one (except the barometric pressure sensor). Hope I helped

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
bumping this one--for an answwer

The vent fitting from the TB goes to the fitting on the oil filler neck. It allows fresh filtered air to go into the motor to replace what has been sucked out by the PCV valve. The EFI is calibrated to allow the movement of this air...

The fitting on the upper intake manifold in the picture looks like a vacuum source for something... maybe the charcol canister / brake booster?

(Not sure as I have most of my experience with 87-93 Mustang EFI, just starting to get into Explorers)

Silver box is the voltage regulator as previously stated

DFP1129

Loc.
Germantown TN
Ok so that helps- BUT the issue now may be that in making the oil filler neck short enough to fit under the hood we may have ummm "removed" that tube part..by accident

so would there be an alternative place or should we retap it and weld on a tube?

Attachments

• IMG_0372[1].jpg
    IMG_0372[1].jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 34