• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Going to 4 barrel Carb

73BBURG

Will I have clearance issues with a Holly 600 on an Al Edlebrock Performer RPM intake on my 73 Bronco with a 302?

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Will I have clearance issues with a Holly 600 on an Al Edlebrock Performer RPM intake on my 73 Bronco with a 302?

Not sure on the performer rpm, though the regular performer, say a part nummber 2121 and a holley 600 should fit just fine

plus the regular performer would be a better match for a fairlly stock 302 anyways

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I ran the performer 289 intake and the edelbrock on Newport and I no issues under the hood with a small air cleaner.
Now to date I am running a cast iron 2v intake and a 2100 motorcraft carb and I have a blast wheeling.
I miss the 4bbl. but I can still pull a second gear scratch with the 2v.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Since the RPM is about 1in taller than the performer manifold you will have air cleaner issues. even dopped base may not cut it. unless you have a body lift. You might be able to run the stock 2v aircleaner setup tho. only other option is to cut a hole in the hood and run a hood scoop to gain the needed clearance.
I like the RPM manifold better than the perfromer.

OP
OP

73BBURG

Would a 1" body lift allow room for an RPM? Does a 1" body lift involve more than just installing the 1" spacers?

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Would a 1" body lift allow room for an RPM? Does a 1" body lift involve more than just installing the 1" spacers?

Some adjusting required may be needed on clutch linkage if manual, shifter linkage on either tranny, accelerator, possibly fan shroud, new body mounting bolts and a few others I'm sure I've forgotten. No real big deal.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I used to have a weiand stealth on mine, which is as tall as the RPM. I just cut a hole in the hood and scooped it. It's easy, and looks good