• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydro-boost applying brakes on its own

duderhimer

Loc.
Wichita
Has anyone ever had any issues with a hydro-boost set up, after driving for a while, the hydro-boost will lightly apply the brakes. Mine will do it occasionally, usually when I’m on the highway. I have to pull over and apply the brakes a few times to relax the brakes. I plan to install a larger cooler on the power steering because it seems to get pretty warm. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The first time this happened, I realized the hydro-boost was installed 180 degrees out (upside down). This seemed to fix my issue but after installing front discs a couple days ago I was buzzing down the highway to see a friend about fabricating a roll bar and noticed the smell of brakes and my speed slowing. I pulled over, pumped the brakes a few times and was on my way. Could it be I don't have a second return on my power steering pump? I've seen others installed the same as mine. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ken

Ranchtruck

Sounds like the pushrod between the pedal and the hydroboost or the hydroboost and the master cylinder are set too tight.

Deano

Bronco Guru
Shorten the rod between the hydoboost and the master cylinder and that should do it. I had to adjust mine a few times before it was right

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
Mine did that. Everything was great for a few months. Then one day it decided to start applying the brakes when I cranked the truck. I added another return to the explorer res and did away with the tee. Problem solved

OP
OP
D

duderhimer

Loc.
Wichita
Thanks guys, I'll check the rod between the hydro-boost and master cylinder again and may go ahead and add another return to my power steering pump reservior. I just bought a nice tig and need the practice.