• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motorcraft 2100 2bbl Carb Linkage Questions

hc37180

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Hey all,
Putting back together a 302 for my 74' Bronco. The carb setup is a Motorcraft 2100 2bbl that was recently rebuilt with a fresh gasket kit. My buddy who did for me cannot find where he put the linkage rods for this carb. As far as I can tell there were two; one that connects from the throttle body to the front of the carb and one that links the throttle body to the adapter arm that connects to the gas pedal.

Couple of things:

Could someone send/post me a detailed pic of the throttle linkage all set up including where the springs are located and where the kick-down arm attaches?

Are there options for purchasing replacement linkage for this setup?

Thanks

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
This is a pic of mine before i removed the extra assembly for the automatic. Sounds like your in need of that extra assembly?? Might find a used one around. Call Build-A-Bronco. They have tons of used parts in there attic. Id send you mine, but i better keep it around in case i decide to go automatic someday.

Attachments

• IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
hc37180

hc37180

Loc.
Seattle, WA
This is a pic of mine before i removed the extra assembly for the automatic. Sounds like your in need of that extra assembly??

We have that assembly with all of the rods still attached but that setup is from my Dad's 71'. Is there a difference between the two years for the linkage setup? I have seen pics which would suggest they were different. I will snap some photos and link.

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
I make a habit of taking pictures of most things just in case I a) forget what went where or b) I run into issues where images speak louder than words.

Regardless, Here are the images from before I pulled mine apart to rebuild.

5560048506_08a2e985ec_z.jpg

5560049090_efb3bf23e2_z.jpg

Hope it helps.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
We have that assembly with all of the rods still attached but that setup is from my Dad's 71'. Is there a difference between the two years for the linkage setup

Not sure. That was on my 68, but i have a manual. Somebody must have left it on the motor when they did a motor or trannie swap years ago. There is then another rod that is bent and goes down to the auto trannie.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
1974 origionally had an antidiesal solonoid with a bracket the bolted to the front driverside carb mounting stud. behind that there was a stamped metal bracket mounted to the intake. there was a large diameter extension spring running from that bracket to the linkage on the carb. the auto transmisson kickdown rod hooked up directly to its own linkage behind the throttle linkage that linkage has an adjustment bolt in the end of it. kickdown rod had its own lightweight spring running from the tube to the down shift lever on the carb

OP
OP
hc37180

hc37180

Loc.
Seattle, WA
I make a habit of taking pictures of most things just in case I a) forget what went where or b) I run into issues where images speak louder than words.

Regardless, Here are the images from before I pulled mine apart to rebuild.

Thanks Yewhi, This looks more like what I remember. So on to the question of replacement rods, it looks like there is two, one from the gas pedal and one from the throttle body to the accelerator pump. Any thoughts on where to get replacements for these? Thanks for the pics they were a great reference.