• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

serpentine reassembly

strokers

i took my front accessory drive off to get the pieces powder coated and i forgot how they go back together. tried a search but either i cant spell correctly or not calling the parts i am trying to get back together by the right name . i figured out the alt but having issues with ac/ps pump side. i am hoping i got all the pieces back and i am just not smart enough to get it together.

engine 1993 mustang 5.0 with mustang serp still have the factory air compressor and ps pump mounted.

thanks

tim

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
There are only two brackets. The one for the alternator and the one for the A/C and power steering. Each one attaches to the engine with three bolts.

l.jpg

OP
OP
S

strokers

Have a picture of back side of compressor those are the ones that i am confused on. I have two brackets that look like bolt together to support back of ac and go with the ps pump bracket. Atleast i think they do but has been more than a month and i wasnt smart enough to take a picture before taking apart

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Sorry I don't. That was a picture I downloaded when I was doing my serpentine conversion. I am not running AC, so all I have is an AC eliminator pulley in the compressor's place.

OP
OP
S

strokers

Figured it out will post mistakes i made with pictures after done working in garage tonight

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
So i noticed that in your setup there isnt an idler pulley at the bottom can you lend some knowledge?

The picture posted is of a Mustang 5.0 serp (also found on trucks and vans).

That setup does not have the idler pulley at the bottom like the Explorer serp setup. They are two completely different systems.