• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to mount coil w new ps pump/bracket??

72SDBRONCO

Loc.
San Diego
Any pics of where you have your coil mounted? Just put in a new Saginaw ps pump w bracket included. Problem is PO had the coil mounted to the top of the old ps pump bracket, where he had drilled a hole, and the new bracket has no hole for the coil to be mounted.

Yes, I know I could drill another hole in the new bracket, but don't think there is enough space to do so w the new bracket.

I've heard some mount to the manifold, valve cover bolt and the fender. I have a stock 302 and would have to add wire if I were to go to the fender.

Please share your set up and pics if ya can. Thanks.

OP
OP

72SDBRONCO

Loc.
San Diego
Anybody? Can I go ahead and mount it to the valve cover bolt or passenger front side of the intake manifold? I wanna get it up and running for this weekend, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
Anybody? Can I go ahead and mount it to the valve cover bolt or passenger front side of the intake manifold? I wanna get it up and running for this weekend, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

that is where it was origanly.bolted the intake on pass side.

MiamiMuffDiver

Loc.
Miami
One option is to Mount it on the pass side infront of the valve cover. Mount it vertically. The second is to mount it horizontally on the manifold along the front of the pass side valve cover.
These are all the pics I had on my phone hopefully you get an idea.
d8bdbc86-d771-c2a7.jpg

d8bdbc86-d7a9-76b8.jpg