• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering wheel replacement, what size?

hucklburry rev2

They are big stock if you don't have power steering. Going smaller with manual steering will make it harder to turn going slow. If you have power steering, go for it. You'll want a puller or borrow from a parts store.

Does that 15" work OK with manual steering? I dunno.....

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Mines like a 12-13" if i remember correctly. Its pretty small but i also have powersteering. The lap space is a great benefit.

Fricker08

I've bin running a grant 13" the whole time I've had my bronco. I have power steering and I love it

jetdoc

Loc.
Horn Lake
I went with 13" for the extra room due to the half cab, some luv em, but I don't care for it. It's all personal preference. I want to go back to stock. I am looking for original if you want to sell yours please PM me. you're welcome to take the 13 and see if you like it. Here's pic

Attachments

• Bronco Finished 008.jpg
    Bronco Finished 008.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the offer! I think I'm going for the wood steering wheel look though. I'll probably hold onto mine as a backup or in case I sell down the road.

ericbee

I've got the exact same 15" grant on my rig. The wood is more natural than mahogany. Look at the pic, its the only one I have right now but, you can see it.

IMG_20120708_135315.jpg

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Thanks ericbee. Ddo you remember the adapter kit? Was it 3294?

ericbee

That is the correct adapter kit for a stock Ford steering column. I have a flaming River column and it does not use a Ford adapter kit.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Got the last bronco and it had a 13" with manual steering, sucked.
Later added power steering, still didn't like the 13"
Later added the 15" (like above) and it just felt so much better. Made the quick ratio steering for friendly to drive.