• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What mount to use on the Champion Radiator?

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have my Champion radiator ordered and am hoping to install it next weekend. What mounts do I need? I currently have stock mounts and from reading other threads about the Champion know I will need a larger mount.

Bronco Graveyard says their mount is 3" and Duffs says theirs is 3.25". A quarter inch isn't much but just curious what you are running?

I have custom mounts on the top that will be easier to lengthen than re-make, but I still need a wider bushing.

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I got the 4 core SS ones and still had to grind them to fit the radiator, mines a 3 core Champion as I could not order their 4 core not being made right now....Mo

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I am running the JBG stainless radiator mounts with my champion conversion radiator and they fit perfectly.

Henry

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
What size Hank? Unless they sent me the 3 and not 4 core, I had to play with them quite a bit to get them to fit.

major

Loc.
Knoxville
I used the Duff 4 core mounts and it holds my 5.0 3 core radiator in solid. I used the same mounts for my 302 champion radiator before my swap.

Hank_

Bronco Guru

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I had to modify my Drake SS 4 core mounts when I installed my 3 core Champion rad. The 3 core mounts were too small and 4 core were lil too big, made radiator lean in towards fan blade on top. I basically notched it out and TIGed it back together. Nice and square now.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ended up ordering Duff's 4 core mounts and have not installed it yet but they appear to be the perfect size to fit.