• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nylon tubing kit for fuel pressure?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Because in a fire the tube will melt and will spray fuel into the cab of the vehicle since it goes to a gauge.

Nylon is used for external fuel lines, but none that go into the cab.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That. Fuel pressure is the only engine variable that I steadfastly refuse to use a mechanical gage for unles its a dial guage hard mounted in the line using one of the adapter fittings like Aeroquoip sells. In my racers..in my performance boats..always an electronic guage and a sendor mounted in the engine compartment if I wanted to see the value from the cockpit.

I will..and often do..install a decent quality dial fuel pressure guage right on the fuel rails or nearby. Can be quite usefull for trouble-shooting and adjusting fuel pressure.

OP
OP
ET

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Because in a fire the tube will melt and will spray fuel into the cab of the vehicle since it goes to a gauge.

Nylon is used for external fuel lines, but none that go into the cab.

that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure.

thank you,
Eugene

OP
OP
ET

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That. Fuel pressure is the only engine variable that I steadfastly refuse to use a mechanical gage for unles its a dial guage hard mounted in the line using one of the adapter fittings like Aeroquoip sells. In my racers..in my performance boats..always an electronic guage and a sendor mounted in the engine compartment if I wanted to see the value from the cockpit.

I will..and often do..install a decent quality dial fuel pressure guage right on the fuel rails or nearby. Can be quite usefull for trouble-shooting and adjusting fuel pressure.

That's what I mainly use it for is trouble shooting. I just want to make sure I'm getting fuel.

My issue is with body lift, the accumulator on HB is very close to the FP gauge that's mounted on the head. 4bt has fuel filter at the driver rear and I used a tapped banjo bolt to mount the gauge. The gauge will hit when the motor shuts down. I need to move that out of the way and it's not going inside the cab.

Eugene