• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Serpentine conversion problem - crank pulley?

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Picked up a 5.0 mustang serp conversion. Started swaping in parts today and it looks like the crank pulley is no where close to lining up. Its sits back by about the width of the pully itself. I didn't notice anthing special when I removed it from the donor but it's a good 1-2" off. Is there a spacer or different pulley somehow?

My harmonic balancer is new from TBP and its 28oz 3 or 4 bolt

I cant find anything searching here or google

fordtrucksrule

bc bronco has a adapter that you can bolt to the harmonic balancer and the pully bolts to that and walla. i had to use it it is like 3/4 inch thick

OP
OP
Hozr

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Mustang timing cover. Only pully the timing cover changes is water pump however. Is the BC adapter my only option? I need this done yesterday!

Thanks

sstclair

Mine needs a 5/8 inch spacer. At .5 I am blowing belts. My balancer is the stock 351 that was on it with vbelts when I got it. The bad news for me is that .625 is a rare size. I hope you can get away with one of the standard offerings.
-Steve