• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator help

Chevy Guy

Loc.
California
Anyone know if there is a radiator from another car (junkyard find) that will work on my 71 Bronco?? I would like side tanks and just don't want to spend the money for a new aluminum one. Thanks

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Almost afraid to welcome you with a screen name like that. but really you can pick up a new aluminum radiator for pretty cheap. lots of people are using the champion radiators. I want to say you can usually get them for less than $150 but I'm not positive on that. Junkeard well you dont really know what your getting it could be half plugged up when you get it. then where are you? plus there really is no direct fit.
A lot of broncos tend to have cooling issues so I really wouldnt skimp on the radiator.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
yes lots of guys use champion on here. Not sure if this is a stock replacement or not, just a pic i saved. You guys can let us know if this is a stock replacement and uses the stock radiator mounts?? Or if you have to change to the 3" mounts (but there only $10)?

If not which one uses stock mounts?

Attachments

• IMG_4365[1].jpg
    IMG_4365[1].jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 14

ransil

Bronco Guru
94 explorer V6 will need to make new mounts.

Price them out new they are pretty cheap, still may need to go junkin for the rubber isolators

WyoBronc11

Loc.
Boone, IA
just got my champion and waiting for my four core mounts to show up before i can finish up the install. It looks very well constructed. I paid 240 with shipping and it was here in three days! Do you have and auto trans?

BroncoBrandon

Anyone know if there is a radiator from another car (junkyard find) that will work on my 71 Bronco?? I would like side tanks and just don't want to spend the money for a new aluminum one. Thanks

I have seen 5.0 mustang radiators dropped in as a replacement. they are a bit longer and taller then the stock unit. I dont have any pictures but I belive he had to cut out a support rod on the underside of the hood to make it fit.

OP
OP
C

Chevy Guy

Loc.
California
Thank you gentlemen!!! I just ordered the radiator after speaking with the nice people at Ledfoot.

Thanks for not holding my name against me - the Bronco is for my wife so I am heading down uncharted waters

OP
OP
C

Chevy Guy

Loc.
California
I am running the NV3500 in the Bronco..... Looks like i will need new radiator brackets. Where did you order yours??

slowstroke

Loc.
North Las Vegas
Damn. I was just gonna say I have a brand new in the box replacement radiator from ledfoot for sale. I swapped a mustang 5.0 motor and can't use it now.