• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3G wiring

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Found a pile of mustang parts and I want to know what alternator is the best to toss in, I was going to use one from a 1990 van I have out back or whould I be better getting another 95 alternator?

Changed the title I made up my mind.

Last edited:

Doyle

Bronco Guru
I'm running a 3G off a 93 E350 van. Same donor my 351 came from. Fits the stock early Bronco brackets fine. You may have to reclock it for the conections to clear the head.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
So I did some research and stock 95 mustang alt puts out 130 amps, good enough for me. I have one thick wire coming out that's easy. It is the charging cable that goes to the harness. I have two smaller wires one white and one green, which of these needs to be connected to the exciter wire and what does the other do?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Don't use the stock 10 gauge charge wire. It can't handle 130 amps. Follow the BCB diagram. You can take the old charge wire and connect it through a fusible link to the battery side of the starter solenoid.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Don't use the stock 10 gauge charge wire. It can't handle 130 amps. Follow the BCB diagram. You can take the old charge wire and connect it through a fusible link to the battery side of the starter solenoid.

Tracking, thanks.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
This whole motor and charging system swap was totally un planned, I may not get to paint the ole girl before OCBR but atleast she will be running great!