Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Garage

1967 Ford Bronco

Garage
Vehicle Name
Year 1967
Make Ford
Model Bronco
Color Grey/Black
1967 Ford Bronco
1967 Ford Bronco 1967 Ford Bronco 1967 Ford Bronco
Brief Description (optional) Wife and I went trail riding in Clayton, OK and before I knew it she was dead set on me building a buggy. She said the 76' will not go on any more 5 rated trails! Darn the luck!!!
Free to me 67' with rusted out floors and good frame. Just enough fire wall and body skins to make a good buggy project. I am lucky enough to have access to a lot of ford 1/2 and 3/4 ton diffs., t-cases, and other part to build a project.
Engine & Drivetrain
1967 Ford Bronco Engine & Drivetrain 1967 Ford Bronco Engine & Drivetrain 1967 Ford Bronco Engine & Drivetrain
302 I had laying around just honed, re-ringed, bearings, oil pump, timing set, rebuilt heads, and RV cam. Fuel system is GM TBI with in tank pump. Fuel tank is the top of an old air tank made into a fuel tank, with baffles and in-tank pump. The vent line is routed to a catch can and has a safety check in the top of the tank.
The distributor is a Pertronix Flame Thrower II I had from another project.
The exhaust is 2.25" aluminized pipe with a 316 stainless steel muffler (copied a thrush muffler just 7" longer). It is super quit for long days on the trail.
The transmission is an NP435 with a long 31 spline tail shaft. I used a factory 7" long intermediate housing to connect to the NP203 from a Ford 1/2ton. I built the adapter from the NP203 to the NP205 and twin sticked the NP205. The drives on the NP205 are Tom Woods 1350 drive flanges. Drive shafts are TW 1350 with CV joints.
The rear axle is a Sterling 10.25" with 5.38 long pinion gears and welded diff. I built a truss, ORI strut brackets, 4-link brackets, and plated the diff. cover.
The front axle is a ball joint Dana 60 I bought from Shamu. It has a spool, 5.38 gears, Yukon 35 spline inners and outer axles, Yukon Gold joints and solid axle drive flanges. On the outside of the 60 is an Artec full hydraulic ram mount with a PSC ram. The outer knuckles are plated and the tie rod ends are in double shear for added longevity. When they break I will change the ends to King Pin.
I welded the 3-link brackets, track bar riser, and plated the diff. cover.
The steering is full hydraulic from PSC Motorsports. I built my own reservoir from a 5" aluminum conduit. I has a Wix hydraulic filter bolted to the bottom and holds a total of 3.5 quarts of oil. The reservoir has a double screen and baffle inside and is vented downstream of a stainless steel catch can added for off camber and steep inclines (upside down) etc.
I used a York 210 for my OBA. I built a 3 gallon air tank from two 5" stainless steel drive shafts from cooling tower fans that were removed from serves at work.
All the brackets for the power steering, OBA, and alternator were built due to the tight area in the engine compartment.

Suspension
1967 Ford Bronco Suspension 1967 Ford Bronco Suspension 1967 Ford Bronco Suspension
ORI Struts 14" in front and 16" rear. The rear upper strut brackets are built into the rear cage X and fender supports. The front stick though the hood to allow for the struts to have a full 7"s up and 7"s down travel. I did not use the 67' frame because it was to good to cut up. I used an old frame from another Bronco project. Only the middle 4 feet of the frame was usable.
The rear frame is tubed out and ties everything into the cage. I installed the fuel tank behind the bulk head and air tanks. I built a tool box and winch mount just behind the fuel tank. The rear winch is a VR8000 Warn. I also added a hi-lift jack mount on the rear X brace.
The front end is tubed out which allowed me to raise the frame so the front axle has enough clearance. The motor was raised up 2"s. With full bump the track bar clears the harmonic balancer by 1.5"s and the diff. to motor is 2.5"s. With full width axles the front axle to t-case has a slight angle outboard in the horizontal plain. The 3-link top link end at full bump ends up between the motor and the frame just blow the alt. and air compressor.
In the future I may remove the bottom half of the bronco frame in order to achieve more ground clearance. Right now the belly is at 20.5"s and the lower links are almost horizontal to the ground.
The front has a Ramsey 8000 mounted with front bull bar. The steering cooler is mounted just behind the winch and is cooled by the Flex-o-lite puller fan.

Wheels & Tires
1967 Ford Bronco Wheels & Tires 1967 Ford Bronco Wheels & Tires 1967 Ford Bronco Wheels & Tires
I bought the 17 X 9 bead lock wheels from Shamu and installed Super Swamper TSL/SX 42"s.
The front brakes are stock Dana 60 disk from Ford.
The rear brakes are 3/4 ton chevy disk.
I added a couple of needle valves in the cab for the front and rear brakes to use as line locks.

Exterior
1967 Ford Bronco Exterior 1967 Ford Bronco Exterior 1967 Ford Bronco Exterior
The body was narrowed 6"s front to back 3"s on each side. Then the front and rear was narrowed 13"s at the grill and tail gate area.
The fenders are cut to clear the 42"s at full stuff and not hit. I elected to use an X in the doors for strength and no door skin.
I used the stock bulk head as a safe barrier from the gas tank and OBA air tanks. It will also help to keep mud and rocks from coming into the cab.
The hood was cut down and the front lip had to be rebuilt as the old one was rusted out. I also, had to modify the frame work under the hood to clear the distributor and crossbar. I used hood pins and bump stops to latch the hood closed.
The front grill had to be cut down to clear the steering cooler and it bolts to the radiator support. It was cut at the headlight area and the ends of the grill are welded to the front fenders. They separate in the middle of the headlight. I built a circle plate for the headlight area and installed an LED light in the middle of the headlight plate.
The rear LED lights area mounted inboard of the rear tire area. Two facing rearward and two facing down under the body.
The rear brake light LED is mounted above the rear winch fairlead.
The top is aluminum panels that are inset into the cage bars with flat tabs and bolts.
The battery is mounted in the front cowl on the passenger side were the heater box vent would live.

Interior
1967 Ford Bronco Interior 1967 Ford Bronco Interior 1967 Ford Bronco Interior
The dash is aluminum separated in three sections. The first has the line lock valves and steering column. The middle has all the switches, ignition, and gauges. The passenger side panel has a main power disconnect and power point/USB. The TBI computer is mounted under the dash and the fuse box is mounted behind the passenger dash panel.
Seats are Carbeau JP's with 5 point harnesses.

Other Notes
1967 Ford Bronco Other Notes 1967 Ford Bronco Other Notes 1967 Ford Bronco Other Notes
Views: 1930