• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

One of Transmission Super Deal

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Long story, but I have ONE new Lentech Street Bruiser AOD transmission for sale. It is basically a contra business deal, the transmission came directly from Len, so I know it has not been messed with, it is not old, it is not used, etc, etc. Here is the description for it:

AOD STREET BRUISER

Economical Performer Part# 7000-AOD-STB
Rated to 500 h.p. w/4R70W input shafts!

Overview: Features the 1-2-3/4 shift pattern originated by Lentech,
compression engine braking in manual second, electric overdrive delete (or
lockout) and 4R70W input shafts. This transmission is pressure modulated,
meaning the throttle pressure cable controls the mainline pressure with
the opening and closing of the throttle. These units are fully automatic
with manual shift capability, and their shift "feel" is custom tailored to
your application based on information taken about your combination at time
of order. (Ray adds: This was built with a street/strip Stang in mind, so i expect the shifts will be crisp)
With Street Bruiser units, overdrive should remain locked out
until at freeway cruising speed.
Specifications:
.Quality selected core, completely stripped, all major components washed
and inspected for excessive wear
.Pump modified for better lube and cooler flow
.Clutch cylinders modified for extra clutches
.26 modifications in strategic areas for efficient clutch operation and life
.6 "high energy" 3-4 clutches
.3 intermediate clutches
.5 forward clutches
.3 or 4 reverse clutches
.New O/D band
.All new seals, gaskets, and filter
.New bushings and thrustwasher (where needed)
.New intermediate one-way clutch and spiral lock ring
.New low one-way clutch
.Lentech 1-2-3/4 Valve Body with electric O/D delete
.31 spline 4R70W input shaft and HD midshaft
.New oil pan and bolts
.Re-assembled with all critical clearances adjusted for high
performance/racing use
.Cast gray finish
.All complete units are dyno tested to insure a quality product
.Lifetime LTD Warranty

I am asking $1700.00 Canadian for it, plus shipping of course. (That is like $700off, and $200 below the base transmission price) One of Len's best Transmissions for an unbelievable price.

Sorry but I have only one and I want to see it go to a good home.

Email me at home, razor1966@rogers.com

Last edited:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Does it have the correct output shaft to adapt to the T-case?

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
I will check on these things for you guys.

The factory warranty isnt something I will be able to check on though. It is a very upgraded factory transmission, so it should be alright. But you need to check with Ford because it is up to them.

OX1

Bronco Guru
I will check on these things for you guys.

The factory warranty isnt something I will be able to check on though. It is a very upgraded factory transmission, so it should be alright. But you need to check with Ford because it is up to them.

I meant "factory" as in Lentech's warantee............. It would be going in an 84 LTD II that has a swapped in blown 5.0 HO drivetrain, don't think ford will warantee that........ :p

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
I meant "factory" as in Lentech's warantee............. It would be going in an 84 LTD II that has a swapped in blown 5.0 HO drivetrain, don't think ford will warantee that........ :p

Just a little bit of a sleeper?? Interesting combo. I will double check, but I am 99% positive that Len is still holding his warranty on the unit. He is a very stand up company. I will double check just to make sure, should have answers Monday.

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
I think they or I am misunderstanding the question. They said the output shaft is the same as a C4, 28spline? So I re-emailed thechris tonight and hopefully will have a clearer answer tomorrow. (explained what was being asked better) I have been extermely tied up this week, so it has sort of slipped by me. Sorry.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
An AOD with a 28 spline output shaft? Sounds goofy to me.

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Dont ask me, I am an alternator guy. The transmission is from LenTech Automatics, most Ford drag racers consider Len to be one of, if not the best in the business when it comes to AOD's. So I dont know what to say.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Dont ask me, I am an alternator guy. The transmission is from LenTech Automatics, most Ford drag racers consider Len to be one of, if not the best in the business when it comes to AOD's. So I dont know what to say.

Got pic of it so at least we can see if it's 2WD or 4WD. If it was originally destined for a mustang, most on this board would not be able to use it (without modifying outputshaft/tailhousing.

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Chris got back to me. The 28spline units, which this one is, are 2wd car transmissions.

You guys were right, the 4x4 transmissions are 6" shorter and 31 spline.