• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just gave the Bronco a moonlight workout.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Neighbors kids came over at 10 pm. And ask if they could go to the pasture an go pig hunting..I didn't want to say yeas but I did. i DID ASK them is it not to wet.. OH NO SIR WE JUST drove over in your pasture between us.
OK go ahead .. Well about 30 minutes later knock ..knock..knock..at my door.. I was just about in the shower. So I answer the door figuring they were going to show me something.
.. Not their stuck.. and they have the 2nd truck stuck also..
.. I told them the tractors won't start and I dought they would.. And My piuck up is no better than the ones you have hooked up now so I know it won't pull out. But if the Bronco will start we'll see. Sure enough it starts tonight .. A few days ago in the cold it would not start to cold.
... But it started so I back up to them I had mine in low gear low range .. I think the kid just left his in netural. Why who knows .. But mine just spun a little bit and then started to drag his truck out .. I kept looking at his wheels in my mirrors and I never seen them move .. The little Bronco drug him about 50 ft to dry ground .. That was better than I expected.. As the motor is so heavy the back usually just spins ..
.... Not this time drug that old dodge 4x4 with street tires out of the hole.
WAY to GO SNAKEBITE !!

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a great story, I know I've got that same knock at the door. I have also been the one knocking on the door back in the day.;D

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Been there done that but didnt get the same results, had to have the backhoe come out the next day to get the truck out, it was buried damn near up to the rockers. Glad you were able to help out

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I'd be super pissed off if they tore ruts in the pasture

That would be me too. I could always rut the fields during hunting season, because they had to be disked anyway, but I had better keep my ass out of the pastures.
Pa, you are just too nice.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Thanks BlueMonday.. I think it's cool also but around here we only have these new rich cowboys . And I can't even get anyone to look my direction. But at least the members that mean the most like it and understand what it too to get to this point.
.. Yes I'd have loved to have had a picture.
... As far as the ruts in the pastures or field.. We do mainly stay on the simi roads..
..But several years ago while I worked at Dodge. It had came about a 5 inch rain along about May 1st . Spring fever had set in ..One of those special evenings. So all the Guys ask if I had a place they could come 4x4 in the mud.. I said sure But if you get stuck and can't get out "Yours may have to set until it drys up'' So here they came .. I have a field long and about 28 ac. We would get at on end and race to the other end.. Cut donuts.. Anything turned out to be game .. Lots of cold beer that evening and we had about 12 different trucks. I had this old suburban 1984 I think ..That old piece of shit out ran every thing across that field about 10 times .. A few got stuck but nothing we couldn't get out ..
.... Man when it did come time to plow out those ruts .. That was an ass whipping took about 10 hours over and over again..

But man we did have fun.

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
Story reminds me of when my dad used to let me run an old rusted out ford P/U in our lower pastures. Had a bunch of apple trees and the deer used to love gathering at night and feasting on the dropped apples. Great way to grow up.