• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"MEAN GENE" BUILD! Currently with Tom Hyde at Lick Creek Restorations

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I threw on a few pics. Did some work on the dash, still have to finish filling, etc.. but have things where I want them now.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i just think it is so cool you still have it! enjoy life as it is now, obviously the Bronco isn't going anywhere Tyler!! ;)

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Good point Tasker. I get mad when people (non-Bronco people) around here ask me when it will be DONE! Or why I keep it. They don't get it. I enjoy having it, drivable or not. A LOT of memories tied up in that thing since 1991. I like escaping to the garage and tinkering or just looking at it and planning what I want to do with it. It will get done, hopefully this year, but my two sons and wife come first. so, if she doesn't drive back down to Super Cel until 2017 oh well, I will survive. thanks for all encouragement and advice.

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good point Tasker. I get mad when people (non-Bronco people) around here ask me when it will be DONE! Or why I keep it. They don't get it. I enjoy having it, drivable or not. A LOT of memories tied up in that thing since 1991. I like escaping to the garage and tinkering or just looking at it and planning what I want to do with it. It will get done, hopefully this year, but my two sons and wife come first. so, if she doesn't drive back down to Super Cel until 2017 oh well, I will survive. thanks for all encouragement and advice.

I know where your comming from brother.
Had mine since 88. Mother-in-law used to harp on me to junk the thing. Needless to say we never really got along and glad I never listened.

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Some more work on the dash. Going to start work in a body cart to transport the body to the media blaster and on to body shop. I wanted to add some more power plugs for my iPhone, iPad etc but decided to make them match the factory knobs. Something different but practical.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I plated over the old whole and then drilled holes for my gauges. Still need to drill for my snake light blinkers and high beam light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
A lot of filling sanding and more sanding to come but I enjoy working on this dash. Would have been way easier to just buy a blank and start from there but oh well.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
LOOK AT MIGS build thread.....his came out awesome!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
i just think it is so cool you still have it! enjoy life as it is now, obviously the Bronco isn't going anywhere Tyler!! ;)

I'll 2nd that, Just keep plugging away and it'll come together for ya.

Looking good man

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Well finally got a engine hoist and stand so I pulled the motor. Need to take a look at it and see if she is in good shape to rebuild or on fence about picking up a local 96 Exploder motor I found. Anyway here is some random pics so this doesn't get deleted. Lol. I bought all my new suspension from James Duff and am excited about it!! 3.5" Monster customized a bit. Still trying to find a good place locally that can paint this thing. I finally found someone (wife's uncle ) that is a good welder and can do it in my garage. He is helping me brace it up and tack in the new floor pans. Once I can get that and the kick panels sorted, body and paint will be next. Can't wait to get to that stage. Will feel like a major hurdle in this. I miss driving her SO dang much. This project spiraled SO far past where it should have but will hopefully be worth it in the end. Thanks (and sorry) for those who are somehow still subscribed to this. Once I can get the body sorted, I will update often with pics. Will need plenty of advice and help at that point. Thanks all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Oh I got a new tailgate too. Happy with the quality. Had to file the edges down a bit as they were razor sharp but otherwise nice piece!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
finished up the T-case. will touch it up after install as I am sure it will get banged up putting it back in. Pre-fit the twin stick James Duff shifters then took back off.

Attachments

• T case 1.jpg
    T case 1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 61
  • T case side.jpg
    T case side.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 54
  • T case twon stick.jpg
    T case twon stick.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 45