• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rtx Dakota digital gauge anybody have it?

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I’m looking to upgrade my gauges and I really like the look of the rtx. Does anyone currently have one installed, is it awesome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Those do look nice.. Guarantee someone has used em

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
So I spoke with WH and I was able to figure a couple things out.
1 - it comes with a cable driven speed signal sender, but you can get a GPS unit to plug into it so it works either way.
2. It has way more functions and indicators than is shown on the WH website. You can have a door open alarm, 4x4 indicator, and like 4 you can setup custom. Way more than I think an old EB can use, but who knows.

I ended up reading through the installation and wiring manual and was impressed. Now just have to save up for it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm working on an e-mail to DD to let them know that their current VSS (speed sensor) for the transfer case is an awkward fit.
The hex nut is large and low in towards the end with the gear, and puts it too close to the little bolt that holds it in. Customer installed one just a few days ago and had to punt slightly.
You either have to machine a notch in the new unit (not the best or easiest solution), grind down the bolt a bit (not the most desirable solution), or just grab a properly sized Allen head bolt/cap screw for more clearance.

I have some pics on my other (dead) computer, but you can probably figure it out. If you get a current unit you'll just have to do one of the steps above to get the speed sensor locked down.
Maybe they have another unit that is longer where the hex nut stands off of the transfer case a little further. Or maybe this is the one needed due to lack of clearance in general under a Bronco. Although i think on that latter point, we have a fair amount of clearance in that area around the speedo cable.

Anyway, let you know what they say about it.
But yes, it's got way more functions than most EB owners will ever use. But you'd be surprised at how many of them are getting used more and more these days.

Paul

Tenacious-B

Loc.
Laguna Hills, CA
I have the RTX with the GPS fed speedometer in my Bronco, and I love it. It has the stock appearance while having all the features of a newer system. You won't be disappointed in it if those are of interest to you.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So I spoke with WH and I was able to figure a couple things out.
1 - it comes with a cable driven speed signal sender, but you can get a GPS unit to plug into it so it works either way.
2. It has way more functions and indicators than is shown on the WH website. You can have a door open alarm, 4x4 indicator, and like 4 you can setup custom. Way more than I think an old EB can use, but who knows.

I ended up reading through the installation and wiring manual and was impressed. Now just have to save up for it.

good deal... you'll love it I'm sure

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Go to Dakota Digital and look at the Manual for the RTX. Lots of options and ability there.

dnsenne

Loc.
Minnesota
I put in the RTX with the interface box for Holley Sniper. Now I get readings(AFR.RPM) from the Sniper. Great system.

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I put in the RTX with the interface box for Holley Sniper. Now I get readings(AFR.RPM) from the Sniper. Great system.

I was wondering about that interface box. I have a proflo 4 now and I see they have the same for it. The gauge will display afr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Yes, At least with the sniper it does.

I went back and read the manual more carefully and it does and it also will show fuel pressure and manifold vacuum , that clinches it. I really want it now!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I went back and read the manual more carefully and it does and it also will show fuel pressure and manifold vacuum , that clinches it. I really want it now!

the anticipation right.. . lol

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was really impressed by the ease of the installation and how detailed the instructions were. I am not that good with this stuff and figured it our easily.