• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can a "Like" button be added to posts or replies?

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know it's been mentioned 100 times that FB groups are much more active that this site. I'm a part of both. I still visit this site daily though. I still ask questions and still offer input on subjects I'm familiar with.

This morning I caught myself wanting to click "like" on a particular reply that I either agreed with or thought was humorous.

Is there an option to add a "like" button similar to FB on posts or on replies? It might draw a little more activity?

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
No offense, but can't you just type the word "like" if you feel it is appropriate?? I would much rather read actual comments than one word "stock" responses.
Not everything in the world has to be like facebook.

catfan

Contributor
I know it's been mentioned 100 times that FB groups are much more active that this site. I'm a part of both. I still visit this site daily though. I still ask questions and still offer input on subjects I'm familiar with.

This morning I caught myself wanting to click "like" on a particular reply that I either agreed with or thought was humorous.

Is there an option to add a "like" button similar to FB on posts or on replies? It might draw a little more activity?

I have wanted to like something too , most forums have that option but
would also have a dislike button.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm actually in the process of upgrading to a new forum software that will have a ton of updated and improved features. A "like" button is just one of them.

It's a very large undertaking so will take several weeks. I hope to have a test forum up in about 3 weeks. Then I'll ask for volunteers to help me test it out behind the scenes.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i volunteer if you need a crash test dummy Jon ;D

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
No offense, but can't you just type the word "like" if you feel it is appropriate?? I would much rather read actual comments than one word "stock" responses.
Not everything in the world has to be like facebook.

Nearly all "forum platforms" have like, dislike, etc features now. This is actually the only one I'm on that doesn't. Doesn't make it better or worse regardless.

catfan

Contributor
Nearly all "forum platforms" have like, dislike, etc features now. This is actually the only one I'm on that doesn't. Doesn't make it better or worse regardless.

Usually you can turn them on and off.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Sorry, I just don't see the need "just because the others have it". guess I am just an old Fuddy Duddy...."if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

NO OFFENSE MEANT TOWARDS ANYONE WHO WANTS IT.

personally, I would rather see the date of original posting by the poster's name so it is easier to tell how old a thread is,,days, months, years. THAT would be practical, but that is just me being me.

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
personally, I would rather see the date of original posting by the poster's name so it is easier to tell how old a thread is,,days, months, years. THAT would be practical, but that is just me being me.
Can you explain this a bit more? The date of every post is shown in the upper left.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Sorry, Jon, I meant the thread not post......

there is a title and poster, but no date when the thread started.

is this more clear? the Percoset must have been messing with my thought process earlier.

Pops

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Still not following you. The date in the upper left of the 1st post is the date the thread started. Are you maybe looking for this info on the overall list of threads?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Still not following you. The date in the upper left of the 1st post is the date the thread started. Are you maybe looking for this info on the overall list of threads?

That's how I'm interpreting his request and I agree. Although it doesn't happen very often, when an old post from 3, 4, 5, or more years ago is responded to, I don't recognize the title of the thread and click on the title instead of the new post arrow thinking I haven't read any of the thread yet.

Then, I nearly always get to the last post where the person who brought the thread back to the top says something along the lines of "I know this is an old thread but..." then I go back and realize the thread is from a few years back.

It would be nice to see when the thread was started in the overall list of threads.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
THANK YOU Justin......much clearer than my attempts and you got it exactly the way I tried to. I am still going to blame it on the Percocet!!;D;D;D

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The new forum software does exactly that. :cool:

Date the thread was started on the left, date of latest activity on the right.

forum-help-thread-start.png

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm actually in the process of upgrading to a new forum software that will have a ton of updated and improved features. A "like" button is just one of them.

It's a very large undertaking so will take several weeks. I hope to have a test forum up in about 3 weeks. Then I'll ask for volunteers to help me test it out behind the scenes.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing it. Thank you for all that you do for us! This forum is definitely the go-to for Bronco help. Searching old posts has become a huge help for me.