• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Big Oly is coming back to Baja

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's great to see a classic driven instead of just sitting in a museum.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
From nostalgia to modern technology, this Baja will be one for everyone! The introduction of EV's may be considered sacrilegious but just like in the day, progress moves forward. I am intrigued.

BRONCOchild2.0

Loc.
SoCal
From nostalgia to modern technology, this Baja will be one for everyone! The introduction of EV's may be considered sacrilegious but just like in the day, progress moves forward. I am intrigued.

[/URL]
There's no stopping EVs. The demand is great. Hybrid vehicles was the testing ground and as those type of vehicles starting getting traction, the EV interest became stronger. Fueled vehicles won't die, but you'll start seeing less and less. However, Uncle Sam is always going to find a way to make $$$ of this infrastructure. Gas stations will be turned into EV charging areas. Electricity will be more expensive. Solar power and all the materials to make it work will become more expensive. Making electricity and EVs just as expensive of owning a gas fueled vehicle.

Just think about it. The money you save on fuel on EVs comes out in their costly repairs.

In the end, there will be less pollution, but "we the people" will still get screwed. Plus, one last thing that our society isn't thinking about is that the battery systems on these EVs cannot be recycled. Certain elements can be used/recycled, but most becomes non-recyclable E-waste. So, there's a new problem that society will have to deal with in 20-30 years.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There's no stopping EVs. The demand is great. Hybrid vehicles was the testing ground and as those type of vehicles starting getting traction, the EV interest became stronger. Fueled vehicles won't die, but you'll start seeing less and less. However, Uncle Sam is always going to find a way to make $$$ of this infrastructure. Gas stations will be turned into EV charging areas. Electricity will be more expensive. Solar power and all the materials to make it work will become more expensive. Making electricity and EVs just as expensive of owning a gas fueled vehicle.

Just think about it. The money you save on fuel on EVs comes out in their costly repairs.

In the end, there will be less pollution, but "we the people" will still get screwed. Plus, one last thing that our society isn't thinking about is that the battery systems on these EVs cannot be recycled. Certain elements can be used/recycled, but most becomes non-recyclable E-waste. So, there's a new problem that society will have to deal with in 20-30 years.
There are so many issues that people or even the media are failing to address with the consequences of EV's. That is what society does, they cant see ahead and make a big deal out of it when the problem faces them later. It is kind of like the whole 5G debacle. Why is everyone throwing a fit at the rollout instead of recognizing the hazards of it when it was developed. They all know the interference issues and all of a sudden it is a crisis.

Back on topic... I wish Porsche would enter a vehicle in the Baja using the synthetic fuel they developed. I am very intrigued with it as an alternative to EV's if it is truly viable. It is claimed to have the same carbon footprint as electric with the ability to power existing IC engines. If so that is a game changer.

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Back on topic... I wish Porsche would enter a vehicle in the Baja using the synthetic fuel they developed. I am very intrigued with it as an alternative to EV's if it is truly viable. It is claimed to have the same carbon footprint as electric with the ability to power existing IC engines. If so that is a game changer
Interesting read…I did the hydrogen oxygen dc electricity science experiment as a kid but don’t remember how much water is used in the process. That might be a factor in where these plants could be built. Water is already a fight in many places. The ocean obviously a big source but is the mineral content going to be a problem with regards to unwanted byproducts. What do they do at desalinization plants? Dump the salts back into the ocean? Might it be a way to combat the rise in the oceans by using a large quantity of water? ;)
Scott

Last edited: