• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 Bronco with jammed door shut

BobL

Hello everyone! Has anyone experienced an early Bronco with a door that cannot be opened? I have tried many times, this was a restoration very nicely done, but the driver door is jammed shut. I assume it’s something in the locking mechanism? Is this a Fix at home taking off the door panel? Are there any good YouTube videos on how to fix?

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Hello everyone! Has anyone experienced an early Bronco with a door that cannot be opened? I have tried many times, this was a restoration very nicely done, but the driver door is jammed shut. I assume it’s something in the locking mechanism? Is this a Fix at home taking off the door panel? Are there any good YouTube videos on how to fix?
Had this happen to me. The door panel does have to be removed to access the latch mechanism. To make it easier to work on. I removed the seat, in my case the driver for better access to the door. Then remove the window crank, arm rest, door latch then panel. Under the panel my be a plastic weather barrier. Pretty easy job.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Before you take the door panel off. Take the latch handle loose from the door panel. Pull on the rod. It should unlatch the door. Sometimes the rods just are not long enough. Things wear a little and the play is just enough to not pull the latch. After you get the door open you can work on it much better.

OP
OP
B

BobL

Before you take the door panel off. Take the latch handle loose from the door panel. Pull on the rod. It should unlatch the door. Sometimes the rods just are not long enough. Things wear a little and the play is just enough to not pull the latch. After you get the door open you can work on it much better.
Awesome thx. Getting after it right now. Keep you guys posted

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Sometimes you can work the lock knob up and down a few times and get it to unlock completely.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was it adjustment of the rods, or gummed up works, or what?

Paul