• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 differences between Bronco and Truck?

bgaller

What are the differences (if any) between an F100/F150 C4 and an early Bronco C4?

brewchief

As far as I know the bronco was the only 4wd application for the c4, output shaft and intermediate housing are the biggest items along with the 4wd deep pan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And the filler tube and dipstick go into the pan on the bronco where it is in the case itself on the car version.
Making the bronco version a little stronger and therefore the better choice.

OP
OP
B

bgaller

As far as I know the bronco was the only 4wd application for the c4, output shaft and intermediate housing are the biggest items along with the 4wd deep pan.

Oh interesting, in other words any 4x4 trucks got the C6?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The four-wheel-drive trucks of that era didn’t even get the Windsor. Only the 2wd trucks.
So the bolt pattern for the bell housing would’ve been completely different even if they did have a C4.
But I’m not sure what they used for transmissions at that point.

brewchief

Oh interesting, in other words any 4x4 trucks got the C6?
4x4 trucks would get the c6 but as noted didn't come with windser motors, they would have been FE motors in the earlier models then the 351M/400 in later years, both using different bellhousings then the windser motors. There may have been some late 70s f250s with the 300 six and the auto trans available, then again the 300 six might have been stick shift only at that time.