• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Tub Dimensions

Dath

I am getting ready to rebuild a 74 tub, and basically the thing worth saving is the firewall. Does anyone know of dimensions for building a tub?

Dne007

Contributor
you mean that's the only part worth saving is the firewall? You may not know this, but we absolutely love pictures!;)
dne'

ps: I'm sure someone will pop up with a link to dimensions;)

OP
OP
D

Dath

you mean that's the only part worth saving is the firewall? You may not know this, but we absolutely love pictures!;)
dne'

ps: I'm sure someone will pop up with a link to dimensions;)
Yes, firewall is the only solid piece still together. The tub was pulled off the frame and set on the ground. The rest is history.......

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Here's some!
Take a close look at your 4th image - that diagram is the reason I created an all-new high-res version. Look at the width of the rear spring brackets vs. the rear body mount bolts on the one you posted. %) You should delete that diagram so it doesn't cause confusion. Read the caption below this diagram:

(click this text)

Does anyone know of dimensions for building a tub?
Click that link, then go to the PREVious 2 pages.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The old “measure twice cut once” adage counts x10 when building from scratch!
Your A-pillars at either end of the firewall are absolutely critical for proper fit of front fenders, hood, grill, windshield frame to doors, and top gaps and clearances.
So I don’t get in a hurry in that section.

OP
OP
D

Dath

Take a close look at your 4th image - that diagram is the reason I created an all-new high-res version. Look at the width of the rear spring brackets vs. the rear body mount bolts on the one you posted. %) You should delete that diagram so it doesn't cause confusion. Read the caption below this diagram:

(click this text)

Click that link, then go to the PREVious 2 pages.
Thanks, this helps!!

OP
OP
D

Dath

The old “measure twice cut once” adage counts x10 when building from scratch!
Your A-pillars at either end of the firewall are absolutely critical for proper fit of front fenders, hood, grill, windshield frame to doors, and top gaps and clearances.
So I don’t get in a hurry in that section.
I am just not sure how to start this one. I have done alot of steel panel replacement, but not sure how to set the firewall back in the correct place. I purchased the assembled floor pan for the seat area, but I dont have a distance for the a pillars to sat the first frame mount.

BroncoInVA

Dath, these guys seem to have it down to a science.... if you don't want to watch the whole thing, skip forward to about 10 minutes in... you get the "magic measurements" for the kick panel placement... hope posting YouTube link is ok?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
... hope posting YouTube link is ok?
Thanks B in VA! Yep, posting YouTube links is great here (when it's on subject of course!). Glad you did it. Interesting watch.
Haven't had time to watch the whole thing yet, but will get back to it now and then.
Hope it helps Dath in the search.

Paul

BroncoInVA

Thanks. We're going to start my body build sometime this year, once I get my Ranger back on the road. Going to use these guys as a partial guide. From what I can tell, we're at least a well equipped as they are and no less skilled. Will be a heckuva lot cheaper than buying a full body from one of the vendors. May not be as clean or tight, but it will be well enough built to be rugged and safe.