• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I consider my Explorers to be Broncos in the making since they are donors. Another question.

chuck1022

Contributor
I flushed the cooling system and blackish brown water and debris was removed. Now I think my thermostat is F'd. I noticed the temperature go very hot and when I shut it down I could hear and feel water bubbling at the thermostat housing. My thermostat must not be opening for some reason. Anyone ever have this happen......?

I'm just gonna get a new thermostat tomorrow....

Everytime I fluflush the cooling sysytem...bad things happen. Last time my crossover pipe sprung a leak and you guys walked me through that

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Just don’t do a coolant system flush. 🤣 If you have a “gunk” problem every time you flush the system , it is more than the thermostat that’s your problem. You need to find out what is shedding all that crap and fix it before you cease to have a sound engine. But that’s just my take on it.

Randy

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Just don’t do a coolant system flush. 🤣 If you have a “gunk” problem every time you flush the system , it is more than the thermostat that’s your problem. You need to find out what is shedding all that crap and fix it before you cease to have a sound engine. But that’s just my take on it.

Randy
Person I bought it from let it sit for years.

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Good point though....if my green coolant is brown in 6 months....I got a problem