• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What parts cant you find for your bronco? what do you want built?

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
Y0u guys sure think BIG, how about the brass thrust washers that go between the Axle and the spindle , to get rid of those POS JEEP plastic ones??!!!

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A tailgate high tool box that fits between the rear seat and tailgate that also extends along the seat over the rear wheelwells on each side to store all the crap that you bring on a run.

I saw one that monkeybiz made. It was a tool box on stilts basically. It used the diamond plate tool box from JBG on a homed frame. That way you can store stuff under the box. I only went as far as the box.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-15552_diamond_plate_tool_box.htm

I can fit both spare rear axles, short front axle, starter, lots of small parts and tools. I can also fit some ammo cans on the side that fit recovery "stuff" and still stack stuff on top of it like tool bags and rifle cases.

bosshoff

Contributor
66gasgrill about the mat you want with the Bronco script already molded in. I was up in the UP (Upper Pennensula Michigan for those who don't know.) last year and saw a guy with a nice roadster. He had attached a standard bronco logo (which you would normally see on the side of the fender) to the top of the tranny tunnel. THEN he had his liner company (Line-X, Rhino?) spray right OVER it. This created a neat custom flourish/touch to the install.
I'd like to see someone makwe all of the necessary welding jigs to take ALL of the various Bronco panels already available on the aftermarket, and assemble them together! This sounds like something CompleteOffRoad should be doing!;) Just think NEW steel bodies available from a Bronco vendor, without having to be named Ted Nuggent or Chip Foose to afford/purchase one!

66Gasgrill

Loc.
Canton, NC
Thought of another, I have seen them for other types of vechicles but not the EB's. An am/fm radio that looks like the factory one or get really trick and have one that the face folds down for a CD player also.

There are several other 66/67 items that aren't reproduced like Dash pads, radio knobs, steering colum bezels (I guess thats what its called) shift boot for the long 66 T-case shifter w/ the ball handle oh and a lift gate handle and lock set 66 had a seperate lock cylinder like the doors

But I guess the demand for the 66/67 stuff is very small compared to the other multi year stuff.

The radio would be very cool though.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'd like to see front fenders made out of injection moulded plastic - the stuff they use for kayaks. They could be color injected a few standard colors. You could beat the he!! out of them and they would just bounce bonce back into shape. ;D

Maybe the grill, too.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
UV rated Bikini tops for full and half cages (hard to find)
Anything specific other than just UV rated? Or maybe I should be asking what you mean by UV rated to be sure we are on the same page. (I can think of 2 possible meanings and both of them I can find solutions for)

I would like 2-piece soft doors that use a tube door frame with a removable cover for the lower.
I'm considering something like this down the road. I don't know if I'll look at a new design (Probably have to) or work with someone else already building tube doors.

Canvas doors to replace the hard doors without the insert. So us guys that run without doors or tube doors can throw something on in the winter easy to keep the heat in.
I've had a lot of requests for a soft door without inserts and will be looking into them. May end up being more of a tube door to utilize the stock hinges and door latch though.

The doors are on my todo list but will need to wait until I have more time to work on them. Hopefully within a few months.

Thought of another one. An aftermarket fiberglass hood with a scoop that would give enough clearance for a truck 5.8 EFI intake.
I think that one would be a definate winner. I know I would buy one as long as they looked good and were reasonably priced. Then I could go out and get the Edelbrock Truck intake which I've held off on doing because I want to get a different hood on mine eventually.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
A pre-fab roll pan for the front grille section and for the rear tailgate section for those that run body lifts. These would be really cool even if they were just a bolt on.

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
A pre-fab roll pan for the front grille section and for the rear tailgate section for those that run body lifts. These would be really cool even if they were just a bolt on.

Somebody somewhere is making the piece for the grill. I don't remember who but it was one of the smaller venders.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
One piece windows for the doors that doesn't use the stock vent window or
A kit that replaces the stock door window/vent window with a single one that works.

CDHUNTER

Loc.
Franklin, KY
One piece windows for the doors that doesn't use the stock vent window or
A kit that replaces the stock door window/vent window with a single one that works.

I really like this idea. I have even spent a little time trying to figure it out. I think the major hang up would be getting the actuator to lift squarely. There are some braces near the hing side that will interfer with the track unless the track is made to extend up past the window sill a few inches making the window shaped more like this.
___________ __________
l \ l \
l \ l \
l \ l \
l before \ l l