• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spindle nut tool size ?

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
What is the size of the spindle nut tool for Dana 44 ? I packed mine away. I have found several links but no one gives up the size. I think it’s 2 1/4 …… I want to be sure before I go pick one up locally.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Just take a nut to the store with you.

OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Sorry guys. I guess I didn’t explain fully….. the size tool needed to remove the nut.. The 4 prong big socket…. I probably have 3 of them in storage….. my truck is stored 6 hours away and going next weekend to work on it and remembered I need it. I searched the archives but I couldn’t find the size needed. All the vendors have the tool but they don’t say what size it. I would just order one but it won’t make it in time. So I’m going to try to find one locally

I’m 99% sure it’s a 2 1/4 …. I will follow up if it’s correct…. I feel like a newbie , I have all my tools in storage. Like I said I have 3 of them packed away, one of them I know is 30 years old which I used on my first Bronco

Last edited:

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Tiko: If the tool is the same for a Dana 30, then it is 2 1/4". I have 2 different ones and both are 2 1/4" and my '68 had a Dana 30.

If you were close enough to NE Ohio, I would have lent you either one or both as I no longer own the Bronco.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Per the description on Summit for the OTC 7157 spindle nut tool, they're Ø2.25"...and that matches what's in my toolbox as well.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Its been a while but I'm pretty sure you can get these at Autozone / Advanced / Orielly.