• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
thx sprdv1 Should be a fun project!

Question on your pwr window kit. On my hot rod Bronco I plan on going pwr windows.

What are you thoughts on how it would work if I eliminate the wing window? I'm going to slope the windshield a bit and lower it close to 4" from stock ht.

You can pm me if you'd like. thx

Last edited:

halogrinder

Loc.
Houston
20220107_175456-jpg.3120988

Made seatbelt spacers because TBP only sent 7/16 bolts., and that aint gonna fly

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
WHOA, pricey is right!! I am not used to paying much for anything that isn't directly related to horsepower... sticker shock!

I think if you chop the top enough then the angled part of the glass and the top of the glass will "seat" into the window frame at the same time- I think. My top is chopped 2" already. I hope to angle it back more like I've done a little on my "forever Bronco" and I plan on going 1 1/2-2" more but that is dependant on my one pc window glass fit. Either way I'll post the good & the not so good... lol I gotta come up with names for these two... my wife calls the chopped one "Shorty"... maybe that will stick. lol

Last edited:

mhinchliffe

Trying to decide whether or not I like the dog dish caps. I think the wheel/tire combo is too small.

DDD069D8-331B-47D7-8EAB-18FA1C9417DB.jpeg

Attachments

• 90604EE2-A04B-45FF-90A3-BFDF4CE7C367.jpeg
    90604EE2-A04B-45FF-90A3-BFDF4CE7C367.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 23

Kbpony

nvrstuk, I’d certainly love to see how you delete your wing window. WH has a kit for that, but it’s pricey and you have to install a black plastic piece to block out the front corner.

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/One-Piece-Door-Window-Kit-68-77-only/Early_Bronco_windows
These look like they are from Mike’s Metal Worx Kustom Fabrication in Covina, CA. Mike offers them both tinted and clear. I used them on my build using fiberglass doors from BroncoDesign. Excellent fit, function, and support. I thought they were a little pricey, too. Then, you have to consider, you are getting the complete kit, windows, regulators, felts, seals, and the little filler piece. Since I was building out glass doors, I’d have needed to buy every piece anyway. There is a little triangle filler piece up in the front corner, I used that area to mount my mirrors. Mike used to offer kits to mount Jeep style mirrors there, but I went with something more traditional.

hossbronco

Contributor
These look like they are from Mike’s Metal Worx Kustom Fabrication in Covina, CA. Mike offers them both tinted and clear. I used them on my build using fiberglass doors from BroncoDesign. Excellent fit, function, and support. I thought they were a little pricey, too. Then, you have to consider, you are getting the complete kit, windows, regulators, felts, seals, and the little filler piece. Since I was building out glass doors, I’d have needed to buy every piece anyway. There is a little triangle filler piece up in the front corner, I used that area to mount my mirrors. Mike used to offer kits to mount Jeep style mirrors there, but I went with something more traditional.
Could you post a photo of the mirrors you went with? I don’t like the Jeep mirrors, but I’d be open to other options.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Could you post a photo of the mirrors you went with? I don’t like the Jeep mirrors, but I’d be open to other options.
I have seen a few guys using FJ mirrors. I know I have seen them on a few build threads.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

amfw

Finally got my soft doors installed. I had to upgrade the hardware for the striker plate, I don't know how Bestop expects those piddly little screws to hold the striker in fiberglass. Maybe my inserts are just old and crappy, but bolts and washers were a must. IMG_20220110_122304.jpg IMG_20220110_122315.jpg IMG_20220110_114848.jpg

Last edited:

hossbronco

Contributor
Kbpony sent me a photo of his mirrors. They look pretty cool but vibrate a little at high speeds.

Attachments

• B06DD088-EA56-4446-8D25-50755FD7787C.jpeg
    B06DD088-EA56-4446-8D25-50755FD7787C.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 41

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
After a few years of putting up with a fuel gauge that works sporadically I finally decided to clean the ground from the sending unit to the chassis. Surprise! The fuel gauge seems to be working now. Serves me right for not trying the simplest/cheapest solution right away.

amfw

After a few years of putting up with a fuel gauge that works sporadically I finally decided to clean the ground from the sending unit to the chassis. Surprise! The fuel gauge seems to be working now. Serves me right for not trying the simplest/cheapest solution right away.
always the simplest thing. Nice to have a working fuel gauge. When I first got mine I ran out of gas because the gauge said empty and I assumed it was just not working haha (it works just FINE)