• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FREE Custom 66-77 Bronco Cad Model Link

tomc

I wanted to 3d print a classic Bronco but did not find many options without paying $50-100. So I decided to model one myself, it is not super accurate but it resembles a Bronco quite well I think so I figured id share it here in case anyone wants it. It is posted on Thingiverse, the step file can be opened in many free modeling programs. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5203871

EDIT 1/28/22
V2 is now available! Several things in the original have been modified and changed as well as body styles.

I have created 3 versions now:
1. Hard Top
2. No Top
3. No Top and No doors

Last edited:

amfw

I wanted to 3d print a classic Bronco but did not find many options without paying $50-100. So I decided to model one myself, it is not super accurate but it resembles a Bronco quite well I think so I figured id share it here in case anyone wants it. It is posted on Thingiverse, the step file can be opened in many free modeling programs. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5203871
That's a nice model! I dabble in 3d printing/design, but I cant go near anything that complex. Well done.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Looks like to me you did a bang up job. A year or so ago I bought a EB file that could be used for an RC. Never printed it though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BruiserOutdoors

I dont know much about 3d printing but curious how long this design is and what the wheelbase is in inches?

I just made a 3d model of an Atlas transfer case for mock up purposes, sure wish there was a 3d printable version!!!!

OP
OP
tomc

tomc

Looks like to me you did a bang up job. A year or so ago I bought a EB file that could be used for an RC. Never printed it though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thank you! This model could be adapted for an RC fairly easily, the chassis and body would need to be combined, then scaled for the car, and then possibly a shell command or manually hollowing out the inside to fit. maybe someday I'll modify it to fit my Rustler.

I dont know much about 3d printing but curious how long this design is and what the wheelbase is in inches?

I just made a 3d model of an Atlas transfer case for mock up purposes, sure wish there was a 3d printable version!!!!

The model is designed to be roughly 1/24th scale, I have uploaded a technical drawing with some of the basic dimensions of the model to the link in the original post hopefully that helps! ( You might have to clear the browser cash for the site to update cause it can be a bit buggy)

Wheelbase: 95mm = 3.75in
Length: 150.17mm = 5.91in
Width: 73.3mm = 2.88in
Height: 74.08mm = 2.91in

BruiserOutdoors

Thank you! This model could be adapted for an RC fairly easily, the chassis and body would need to be combined, then scaled for the car, and then possibly a shell command or manually hollowing out the inside to fit. maybe someday I'll modify it to fit my Rustler.

The model is designed to be roughly 1/24th scale, I have uploaded a technical drawing with some of the basic dimensions of the model to the link in the original post hopefully that helps! ( You might have to clear the browser cash for the site to update cause it can be a bit buggy)

Wheelbase: 95mm = 3.75in
Length: 150.17mm = 5.91in
Width: 73.3mm = 2.88in
Height: 74.08mm = 2.91in
Thinking about getting one printed for a scale 1/24 rc build. then give it to my future kid some day

Hinmaton

Nice work! Are the tire based on 35’s?

Hh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tomc

tomc

I just wanted to let everyone know that
V2 is now available! Several things in the original have been modified and changed as well as body styles.

The link is the exact same as before: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5203871

I have created 3 versions now:
1. Hard Top
2. No Top
3. No Top and No door

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Ford anyone using an Ender 3 printer, I found this video yesterday that is a complete game changer. They have come up with a printing file that pretty much cuts the time in half. I was printing 4 corner clamps to hold wood while you nail or screw it together and it was going to take 11 plus hours. With this new program it only took 5 hours, I actually am looking forward to using my printer more now. 20220328_163428.jpg