• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mustang EFI / Charcoal Canister

Hinmaton

Not sure this applies exactly, but I installed a one way vent valve awhile back and it caused a lot of weird problems. Most of them to do with pressure build up in the fuel system.
I’m running TBI with external pump and return, 23 gallon non efi tank with the original filler neck set up: ie 5/8” vent back to filler tube and a 5/16” or smaller vent tube high up.
I figured out that the one way valve, like all the one way valves out there are in only. I also noticed that all vented gas caps are in only.
So I just vent to atmosphere and most of the problems are gone.

Hinmaton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robs68

I only using one of the vents. Before I installed the vapor canister they were looped back to each other so I was getting no venting at all. I am hoping this will fix my problem. I guess I will wait to see if I need a rollover valve.