• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Car Dealer Mark Ups

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
This was a surprise! Here is an article on new models with the biggest dealer mark-ups. I was expecting to see Bronco as the number 1. It is in the top ten but all the way down at number 8.

Big Dealer Mark-Ups

The 2-door Wrangler is highest at 26.7%, The new Maverick is number 2 at 25.0%. Bronco at 8 was 20.6%.

Who da thunk??

(No, this is not an April fools Joke!)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I feel sorry for folks that absolutely need a vehicle now due to an accident or other surprises.
This is the truth!! Even companies that need new trucks! Good luck finding any work truck trim F series trucks around here. And if you do be prepared to pay over sticker. I know the sales manager at a local very large Ford dealership, he was called by Ford a few weeks back and was told not to charge over sticker for any new vehicles. But I am pretty sure they are still doing it. Of course, they have no inventory so they are trying to make every penny they can off each sale.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I feel sorry for folks that absolutely need a vehicle now due to an accident or other surprises.
Yup, I'm battling right now with insurances over the wreck of my 2021. Frame damage should total the truck. We will see. And to add to my anxiety, the Ford Dealer has the replacement I want sitting in the showroom. Tried to get my salesman to hang and "out of order" sign on it, until I finish wading through the insurance fiasco I'm going through.

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
I put a deposit down on a Toyota Tundra TRD Pro and the dealer won't commit to a price yet but said it would be "over list." He is willing to refund my deposit if we cannot make a deal. I guess it all comes down to supply and demand. Thanks, COVID.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
This was a surprise! Here is an article on new models with the biggest dealer mark-ups. I was expecting to see Bronco as the number 1. It is in the top ten but all the way down at number 8.

Big Dealer Mark-Ups

The 2-door Wrangler is highest at 26.7%, The new Maverick is number 2 at 25.0%. Bronco at 8 was 20.6%.

Who da thunk??

(No, this is not an April fools Joke!)

Wonder if this S will ever go down a little.. I do want to explore getting one after I've saved a little bit longer..