• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacement Windshield Glass

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I removed the windshield and luckily have a good frame with minimal rust. My windshield has 50 years of wiper marks so it's probably time for a change. The vendor prices seem to be all over the place. Bronco Graveyard has a tinted green replacement for $140 (Shipped), Toms is $264 ($120 + $144 Shipping) and WH doesn't seem to be in the glass business. That's a huge difference. Curious if all the vendor glass comes from the same place or if I need to be concerned about the quality of the glass. Thank you.

Super D 73

Contributor
Bronco driver
Loc.
OH
I got the green tinted windshield from JBG, the good thing about them is they will send you another windshield free if the 1st one gets damaged in shipping, like mine did!

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
X2 local place said they could cut me one. They had clear and smoked to choose form. No green......

Tim

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Local glass shop cut mine from the light green tinted glass for $150.

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I think I'm going to go with the BG glass. I can see any reason to pay that shipping price from Toms. Not complaining about Toms, just don't understand the math.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
I think I'm going to go with the BG glass. I can see any reason to pay that shipping price from Toms. Not complaining about Toms, just don't understand the math.
I didn’t have any luck with local shops near me last year and felt the same way about the shipping. I ended up rolling the dice on one from eBay based on a recommendation. It was around $100 or so w/free shipping at the time. No issues. Might be worth a look.

rmcmillan

Contributor
I purchased glass from Auto City Classics. Good pricing on glass & shipping. Glass was wrapped and boxed extremely well.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I purchased glass from Auto City Classics. Good pricing on glass & shipping. Glass was wrapped and boxed extremely well.

Me too…. great glass and excellent packaging. I think it is $90 for the green tinted glass plus shipping which was ~$50 for me.

armynavy17

Contributor
I just replaced mine with JBG green tinted and didn't have any issues with quality or packing/shipping. I also couldn't justify the additional shipping charge.