• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking For My Old 1976 Bronco

grdiperna

Looking for my old Bronco. My father helped me buy it when I was 15 in 1980. It was 4 years old with around 20K miles. We bought it from a local Lincoln Mercury dealer in Pittsburgh, PA for $5,500, (Demor’s) I learned to drive in it and drove it in high school 1980-1982. 1976 orange with orange top, white interior, 302 with 3sp on the tree and power steering. I cut the rear wheel wheels and put flairs on it and bigger wheels and tires. I think 12:50X33 on 15X10 rims. tinted the windows dark, and put headers and duel exhaust on it. Also finished the interior myself. Would love to track it down! I have pics of it but trying to figure out how to add them

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

grdiperna

3696C44B-A1EE-4C9C-B811-9308DE73D695.jpeg

OP
OP
G

grdiperna

Vin would help as well.
Wish I had the vin. I have the PA plate number and tried through PA DMV to get the vin but their records don’t go back that far. I don’t remember the ins co my dad had back then either and he is no longer living.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice Bronco. Going to be tough, as always. But it’s been done before and several have been found through here doing just what you’re doing.
So good luck!

Paul

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Where at in the Pittsburgh area? I grew up in Carnegie. The now DEFUNCT Pittsburgh Press!!!!

3 brothers still live in the area along with my daughter.

OP
OP
G

grdiperna

Where at in the Pittsburgh area? I grew up in Carnegie. The now DEFUNCT Pittsburgh Press!!!!

3 brothers still live in the area along with my daughter.
Close to Carnegie! I grew up in Crafton Heights and now live in Robinson Twp for the past 24 years. Small world!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Even better, it's got the Special Decor option, including stripe. Super nice.
Did it have a black grille?

Paul

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Assuming it's still around, it will be almost impossible to find, and even less likely that the current owner will sell it to you!

OP
OP
G

grdiperna

Assuming it's still around, it will be almost impossible to find, and even less likely that the current owner will sell it to you!
Fingers crossed. You never know! Still trying to track down the vin. I know that will help

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For entertainment in the meantime, check out the thread started by member "blamejane" a few years ago.
Very rewarding story and ending. Fortunately, her timing was better because the prices had not gone completely through the fourth floor roof yet at the time. Only the first floor roof!

Paul