• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AMP or other brand of step for 4 door

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Looking for my best friend who's new Bronco is arriving next week.

He won't be getting into it unless he has a step.

Who makes a good brand and who has one in stock?

Thanks.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I just put on these raptor style gorhino steps on my 4 door badlands. I like them, they don't hang down super low and still provide a good step

Attachments

• 20220403_131327.jpg
    20220403_131327.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220403_131305.jpg
    20220403_131305.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Look good!

I should have said he wants retractable ones.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thx, I'll do that! :)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have the Amp ones on my Jeep and I am not impressed. They are really loud when they go up and down, and they seem to get out of wack every now and then and either dont go down or the lights dont turn on or there is a long delay before they go down after you open the door. I also think there is some kind of issue with the control that slowly kills the battery when the Jeep sits for a long time. They were on the Jeep when I got it and only a few years old and look like they were professionally installed with the factory style harness, it was not a hack job.

N747JB

I ordered AMP retra steps for my 21 Outer Banks, I hope they work as advertised!! As is, the factory step is a pain in the butt to use getting in the truck!

B0neCrush3r

I've had AMP for years on my 77. Good company with good customer support. My driver motor blew about 2 years ago they sent a replacement no questions asked and were very helpful.

my 2 cents.

TNcowboy

I've had AMP for years on my 77. Good company with good customer support. My driver motor blew about 2 years ago they sent a replacement no questions asked and were very helpful.

my 2 cents.
Did they know that they were installed on a 77?

I had an issue with an LED light and they would not warranty due to the steps being installed on a vehicle they were not designed for.

N747JB

I ordered AMP retra steps for my 21 Outer Banks, I hope they work as advertised!! As is, the factory step is a pain in the butt to use getting in the truck!
The AMP steps were on backorder and the vendor cancelled the order, tried again last week, accepted my cc, but refunded again, still on back order!!

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Go to AMP Research and put your vehicle info. It will give you the Part number that installed on the Ranger and 2 or 4-door Bronco.

Rockslide Engineering makes a very nice side step for the new Bronco as well.

N747JB

I ordered the Rockslide ones about 3 weeks ago, they were shipped yesterday!!

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
We have the Rockslide Engineering drop down steps on a 2022 Badlands/Sasquatch and also on Jeep JK both with the added layer of protection for rock crawling and we have been very happy with them. I believe Wildhorses has them in stock.