• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for Full Rubber Mats

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The black textured Sport mats are available from the vendors. If you’re wanting original/parchment they are made of “unobtainium” and are not yet reproduced. Dennis Carpenter had a sample at Super Celebration a few years ago, but they have yet to be successfully duplicated/available.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
The black textured Sport mats are available from the vendors. If you’re wanting original/parchment they are made of “unobtainium” and are not yet reproduced. Dennis Carpenter had a sample at Super Celebration a few years ago, but they have yet to be successfully duplicated/available.
You would think there would be enough demand to reproduce the parchment mats.

OP
OP
TX-ZACH

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
Thanks. Ill try Dennis Carpenter the web site shows in stock. They other vendors so far are all back ordered with long lead times.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You would think there would be enough demand to reproduce the parchment mats.

Right? If anyone could, seems it would be an amazingly successful venture.
DC had them available for sale at Super Cel. Hopefully they fall under their flat rate shipping deal.

Lead times on plastics, nylon and resins are running 10-14 weeks just for the raw materials. Makes getting parts and products from any of those materials a very frustrating wait for suppliers and customers. One customer we deal with at work does not understand the “new” math when we provide a lead time these days.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well we had them in stock as of a month ago. That may have changed, but I know because I got mine!:rolleyes:
I got tired of waiting for the seemingly-never-to-appear Parchment color and am thinking of making my own out of the black.

I figure some kind of vinyl paint, then mostly wiped off to leave only the black highlights, in kind of a "faux parchment" color might still look acceptable. I'm sure I can ruin the looks as well, but I just hate the black that I'm willing to try.

These things are THICK by the way. I have an original tan-ish factory version (darker than parchment, but maybe just a discolored version?) and even though it's lasted all these years and is pliable as the day it was new, it's half the thickness of the new one. These things are heavy!
Hopefully they can last for awhile too, at that kind of money!

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Right? If anyone could, seems it would be an amazingly successful venture.
DC had them available for sale at Super Cel. Hopefully they fall under their flat rate shipping deal.

Lead times on plastics, nylon and resins are running 10-14 weeks just for the raw materials. Makes getting parts and products from any of those materials a very frustrating wait for suppliers and customers. One customer we deal with at work does not understand the “new” math when we provide a lead time these days.

lead times are definitely crazy these days

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well we had them in stock as of a month ago. That may have changed, but I know because I got mine!:rolleyes:
I got tired of waiting for the seemingly-never-to-appear Parchment color and am thinking of making my own out of the black.

save him a set

Justin Palmer

Contributor

Attachments

• D87ACB29-F3CE-4A9A-8200-DBBFEDA1B98B.jpeg
    D87ACB29-F3CE-4A9A-8200-DBBFEDA1B98B.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1F50FADF-A830-42FD-9D08-A4AAFB311259.jpeg
    1F50FADF-A830-42FD-9D08-A4AAFB311259.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 9630B0C8-0DF9-421A-B6CF-E8D6B1A2DE26.jpeg
    9630B0C8-0DF9-421A-B6CF-E8D6B1A2DE26.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 33
  • B946BE33-45BD-4C44-ACD2-F0B01240BA12.jpeg
    B946BE33-45BD-4C44-ACD2-F0B01240BA12.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 35

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably out of a Durango Tan Explorer.
You’re exactly right. It was from friends 72 Explorer that I’ve posted pictures up of over the years.

I’m frankly impressed that it’s still alive. I had it folded tightly down to about a 12 inch square and sitting in storage for over 30 years.
Put it in the sun for a day recently, unfolded it and left it in the sun for another day and it’s flat with no creases.
Would be even better if I could find a matching front section that wasn’t completely thrashed though.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We all have been searching for that elusive parchment mat. Mine is a little ragged too.

Attachments

• baja mat.jpeg
    baja mat.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 24