• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Upholstery Search

BPerry

In my attempt to keep some old and add some new, I'm looking for this cloth upholstery as the interior is the next thing on my hit list....

I would like to reuse, but my upholstery guy has concerns with it holding up after re-stretching...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Bp
20220505_202430.jpg 20220505_202430.jpg

Justin Palmer

Contributor
In my attempt to keep some old and add some new, I'm looking for this cloth upholstery as the interior is the next thing on my hit list....

I would like to reuse, but my upholstery guy has concerns with it holding up after re-stretching...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Bp
View attachment 882848 View attachment 882848
Are you trying to keep the inserts to keep it original? If so, I do not believe your inserts are original to your Bronco. As far as I know, the striped pattern only came on the 1972 Explorer in Brown and in 1973 in orange or blue. You can purchase any of these 3 patterns from SMS. They are not cheap and notoriously slow.

Attachments

• 0D34360A-EAE0-4A32-94E6-11BAF801B5C0.jpeg
    0D34360A-EAE0-4A32-94E6-11BAF801B5C0.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 8B07546F-F309-439C-A151-DB4AED7B79EE.jpeg
    8B07546F-F309-439C-A151-DB4AED7B79EE.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 30
  • BB7D8888-F8D2-45D7-96E6-DBE21D51F815.jpeg
    BB7D8888-F8D2-45D7-96E6-DBE21D51F815.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
BPerry

BPerry

Thanks Justin! Yes, I'm trying to keep some of the ole girl original.

It is a 73 explorer and came with the Blue random stripe, in so far as what is on it now; this could have been changed by one of the PO's.

More of a problem is the door cards, rear fender cards, and arm pads..... I think i'm sol on those...

Thanks again!!

Bp

Justin Palmer

Contributor

It is a 73 explorer and came with the Blue random stripe, in so far as what is on it now; this could have been changed by one of the PO's.

More of a problem is the door cards, rear fender cards, and arm pads..... I think i'm sol on those...

Thanks again!!

Bp
The blue seat covers I posted are the ones that would have come on your Bronco stock. It appears the previous owners changed yours out at some point. Your Bronco also should not have come with rear panels. In my opinion, the 72 and 73 Explorers have the best upholstery.

syndicate1

Contributor

Thanks again!!

Bp

SMS can make the door and quarter panels. I hear they’re running 12-month backlog though.

I just had my interior redone by my local upholstery shop… I ordered the material from SMS and they shipped it out within a couple of weeks.

The front and rear arm rests can be painted with vinyl dye. SEM and Scott Drake (ACCU Match) make color correct vinyl dyes. Just order the parchment arm rests as your starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BPerry

BPerry

SMS can make the door and quarter panels. I hear they’re running 12-month backlog though.

I just had my interior redone by my local upholstery shop… I ordered the material from SMS and they shipped it out within a couple of weeks.

The front and rear arm rests can be painted with vinyl dye. SEM and Scott Drake (ACCU Match) make color correct vinyl dyes. Just order the parchment arm rests as your starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Syndicate, my UP guy said the same on the armrests. He did warn me they could fade and/or wear through over time...

Decisions Decisions... lol

Bp

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Ive been waiting about 16 months for a seat cover from SMS... Super excited to get it. Good to know they might be a little quicker shipping the fabric...