• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Amp research electric steps questions

TNcowboy

The switches provided with the kits are not ideal, I agree. I had that issue on my driver's side. But that could be solved with sealed switches or different placement. Which reminds me I need to do some research...

The steps on our dodge ram have never failed regardless of mud but they work off the factory switch (sealed)

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
The switches provided with the kits are not ideal, I agree. I had that issue on my driver's side. But that could be solved with sealed switches or different placement. Which reminds me I need to do some research...

The steps on our dodge ram have never failed regardless of mud but they work off the factory switch (sealed)
TN Cowboy I agree the switches suck!! If you find some good sealed ones, please let us know. I'll do a little search also and I'll let you know if I find better ones... I was thinking the Magnet ones that mount on the door post by the hinges might be a good option to keep the dirt and mud from messing with them