• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got fed up waiting on Ford to build my order, went out and bought one myself.

eBronc2

Contributor
July will be TWO FREAKING YEARS since I reserved and put down a deposit on the 2021 Bronco I wanted, still no NOTHING from Ford on when they might pull their head out of their ass and get around to building it - I finally had enough of being ignored while dealers and other who ordered more than a year after I did got theirs.

So, I started searching - online, every dealer I drove by, you name it. Months went by, found some close to what I ordered, but always gone by the time I called. It was always the same thing - "it's a customer order" - "it's not in stock" - "it just sold:, yadda yadda yadda.

Last week I was stuck out of town for work, had time to kill, searching Autotrader and lo and behold, a 2 door, v6/auto, Carbonized Gray, Sasquatch popped up at a dealer just minutes away from my house. Called, emailed, texted, let them know I was SERIOUS about it, but couldn't there until this past Monday, when they opened. It was a customer order, but the customer backed out of the deal. I was sure it would be sold before I could get there.

Got to the dealer when they opened on Monday, it was still there. Met with the salesguy I had been communicating with, plopped down a wad of cash, signed some papers, drove it home. It's a Badlands, with leather and the large screen - my original order was (still is) for a Base with only the V6 and Sasquatch package as options. So, it's fancier and cost quite a bit more, but I love it anyway.

It's a sad state of affairs when you can't get what you reserved, put down a deposit on, and ordered, but have to search high and low and get lucky just to get what should have been built and delivered to you a LONG time ago, but hey - if you want it done right, sometimes you just have to do it yourself.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad to hear you got one.

I've been waiting forever also but now finally have a build date toward end of this month.

Again congratulations!

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good to hear you finally got one!! I've been a Ford technician since 1988 and the last 10 years have been pretty disappointing, two more years until retirement if I make it that long!!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I am on the verge of doing the same thing. I haven't been waiting as long as you have but the total lack of communication and total cluelessness of the dealer has me just about done. That is really cool you found one close to what you ordered and the fact you found a two door and a badlands is impressive. I have only see a few badlands around here on dealer lots.

OP
OP
eBronc2

eBronc2

Contributor
I've put a few hundred miles on it so far, I'll tell you what - if you don't like attention, this is not the vehicle for you.

I've always had vehicles that blended in - not plain jane, but sleepers. Jeep Cherokee, then a GMC pickup (with a superchargered 6.0L), then my Pontiac G8 GT (most people don't realize how fast those are) for the last 10 years. Never got a second look from anyone, until I floored it.

But this Bronco - damn. It's embarrassing. EVERYBODY checks it out. I reckon it'll subside after a few months as more get on the road, but for now - geez.

The good:

It's smooth. Rides better than my G8 (which has poly bushings, Koni Yellows, 40 - series Pirellis on 19" rims, 250,000 miles, etc). Decent power. It's not going to light
em up all the way through 1st and into 2nd past 50 mph, but that's ok. The A/C is awesome. It's been in the high 90's with swamp humidty here in TX the past few weeks, the A/C handles it no problem.

The bad: It's WIDE. Feels like I'm taking up more than a lane. Barely fits in my garage. Gas mileage is pretty awful. I'm used to filling up once or twice a week, I've had to fill up the Bronco every trip I've taken it on. Noisy - trying to answer texts, it can't understand me. Not much storage. Do I care about any of these? Hell, no, it's a blast. I drive it for work, so they pay for the gas.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Have to ask.....what was the ADM? We've got the bronco it sounds like. 2D Badlands with Sasq, 2.7l. We're getting between 18.5 and 20mpg, mostly highway miles.

OP
OP
eBronc2

eBronc2

Contributor
Have to ask.....what was the ADM? We've got the bronco it sounds like. 2D Badlands with Sasq, 2.7l. We're getting between 18.5 and 20mpg, mostly highway miles.
The price was a little more than I initially wanted to pay (I originally ordered a BaseSquatch with few options, $40K or so) the Badlands was quite a bit more with the high package, 12" screen, leather, etc, but royalties from our oil and gas leases have been pretty nice lately, so forking over the cash was basically easy come, easy go. $67,500 all said and done.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need to do more freeway! I am getting 13 in town

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I cant wait any longer, 9 months and still not scheduled!! I am so sick of all the broncos I see driving around and the stories of how people already got their broncos. I went to my local dealer, the one I have my order with today, told them to call me the next time they get any broncos in. I want first crack at any that people backed out of. They seemed receptive but I am sure they have a list a mile long of people asking the same thing. I am going to the other dealer near me tomorrow and asking them the same thing. Funny these two dealers are only about 12 miles apart so they like to try and beat each other. I have used this to my advantage in the past buy work trucks. I will see how it goes, some of those dirt mountain broncos have to be shipping soon! I know I should just shut it out of my mind and wait but my wife wont let up about when we are going to get it and the more I drive the Jeep I bought last winter the more I dislike it. Oh well! we shall see!

BRONCOchild2.0

Loc.
SoCal
I was really close to buying a 4-door basemodel this weekend. The couple of things that kept me from getting it is the fact that it was a soft top and 2.3L, versus the hardtop and 2.7L that I would rather get. I'm sure that by the time I officially buy one, hopefully all the mechanical gremlins have been sorted out.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I've put a few hundred miles on it so far, I'll tell you what - if you don't like attention, this is not the vehicle for you.

I've always had vehicles that blended in - not plain jane, but sleepers. Jeep Cherokee, then a GMC pickup (with a superchargered 6.0L), then my Pontiac G8 GT (most people don't realize how fast those are) for the last 10 years. Never got a second look from anyone, until I floored it.

But this Bronco - damn. It's embarrassing. EVERYBODY checks it out. I reckon it'll subside after a few months as more get on the road, but for now - geez.

The good:

It's smooth. Rides better than my G8 (which has poly bushings, Koni Yellows, 40 - series Pirellis on 19" rims, 250,000 miles, etc). Decent power. It's not going to light
em up all the way through 1st and into 2nd past 50 mph, but that's ok. The A/C is awesome. It's been in the high 90's with swamp humidty here in TX the past few weeks, the A/C handles it no problem.

The bad: It's WIDE. Feels like I'm taking up more than a lane. Barely fits in my garage. Gas mileage is pretty awful. I'm used to filling up once or twice a week, I've had to fill up the Bronco every trip I've taken it on. Noisy - trying to answer texts, it can't understand me. Not much storage. Do I care about any of these? Hell, no, it's a blast. I drive it for work, so they pay for the gas.

read article the other day, raptor is Lots worst :(

OP
OP
eBronc2

eBronc2

Contributor
Well we are still waiting on the Pics :D

My 2 door Badlands Squatch and my daughters' 4 door Outer Banks. She ordered hers the same time I did, hers got delivered MONTHS ago - last year. The one I ordered STILL hasn't even been scheduled. To hell with Ford, I went out and found one.

img_2162-jpg.324015

img_2167-jpg.324018

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Very nice! I broke down and did the same. Got a Black Diamond on Friday, I will do a post about it shortly.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My 2 door Badlands Squatch and my daughters' 4 door Outer Banks. She ordered hers the same time I did, hers got delivered MONTHS ago - last year. The one I ordered STILL hasn't even been scheduled. To hell with Ford, I went out and found one.

img_2162-jpg.324015

img_2167-jpg.324018

Love it.... :)