• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Local field broncos

papy

Found out about some Broncos in a field and finally got in touch with the owner and he sent me these pics earlier today.

They were his fathers and have been in weeds for 35+ years
They are just sitting on frames no running gear. He has no idea what the condition of the metal is in as he just walked up to them and took pictures didn't access them. Has no idea what else is inside underneath the broncos.

There's got to be some parts worth stripping off of these no? 7hr drive one way from my place.

To my understanding he doesn't want much for them maybe 500 maybe 1000 bucks at the most.

Attachments

• C52D0CBA-56D5-4D33-A1CC-6DA0D9E3A00B.jpeg
    C52D0CBA-56D5-4D33-A1CC-6DA0D9E3A00B.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 93F34031-DC88-44A8-8275-4A8516897982.png
    93F34031-DC88-44A8-8275-4A8516897982.png
    990 KB · Views: 198
  • ACDFAD2F-6FF8-49E5-99C3-DFD9BB8C9F86.jpeg
    ACDFAD2F-6FF8-49E5-99C3-DFD9BB8C9F86.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 87066F57-0438-4D9E-ABBA-42FB761C7C14.jpeg
    87066F57-0438-4D9E-ABBA-42FB761C7C14.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 184
  • 2670BB01-4124-4DF9-AA25-E69B7B2BBFB6.jpeg
    2670BB01-4124-4DF9-AA25-E69B7B2BBFB6.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 0BCE7661-B72B-446C-9244-C1CCFB84F459.jpeg
    0BCE7661-B72B-446C-9244-C1CCFB84F459.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 4A18AE84-9DE1-445D-BC17-62618FADA7A0.jpeg
    4A18AE84-9DE1-445D-BC17-62618FADA7A0.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 3D7A94DE-A571-4684-A43C-0DDFE79BF8E3.jpeg
    3D7A94DE-A571-4684-A43C-0DDFE79BF8E3.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 76296E1A-0617-475C-9AFD-C0BD843A40D4.jpeg
    76296E1A-0617-475C-9AFD-C0BD843A40D4.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 8D63C114-4968-402E-93D7-9F9B83D3400A.jpeg
    8D63C114-4968-402E-93D7-9F9B83D3400A.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 206
OP
OP
papy

papy

And a PTO

Attachments

• 1BA0C02D-9A6F-412A-B2C6-7657E7C5C21B.jpeg
    1BA0C02D-9A6F-412A-B2C6-7657E7C5C21B.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 74

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Any chance of a title is available for either? That is a pretty good price for some projects, compared to todays market. Right up until you factor in gas or even worse diesel fuel cost for that 14 road trip, all the while hauling a trailer big enough to haul both Bronco's.

And hope they have a way to help lift load them (tractor/skid steer/Bobcat) or you have a winch. That could make for a long day of loading if no lifting equipment is available.

So depending on where you or they are, I am looking for a real cheap not in the best shape hard top. And both of those fit that bill.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like the cool old GM wheels I always thought would look great on my 79 pickup.

OP
OP
papy

papy

Any chance of a title is available for either? That is a pretty good price for some projects, compared to todays market. Right up until you factor in gas or even worse diesel fuel cost for that 14 road trip, all the while hauling a trailer big enough to haul both Bronco's.

And hope they have a way to help lift load them (tractor/skid steer/Bobcat) or you have a winch. That could make for a long day of loading if no lifting equipment is available.

So depending on where you or they are, I am looking for a real cheap not in the best shape hard top. And both of those fit that bill.
No titles yet. owner has no info further info on them however im sure if one can expose the VIN on the frame a title can issued.
this is the thing, id have to rent a 2 place trailer, one night in a hotel, fuel & food expenses and two days on the road. he said he can load them so i am assuming they have a loader of some sort.

something to really think about....

FordBronc

Contributor
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
this is the thing, id have to rent a 2 place trailer, one night in a hotel, fuel & food expenses and two days on the road. he said he can load them so i am assuming they have a loader of some sort.
Well time to really test your devotion to "All that is Bronco". Do you have a buddy that is ALSO into Bronco's and has a trailer and some time to kill? Good luck with your adventure.

OP
OP
papy

papy

hahaha yeah very true!
the good thing is these broncs aint going anywhere. they are in the middle of no man's land and out of site so i got some time to pick them up.

shitty thing is i am in the middle of moving and it makes it that much harder to handle this package right now. also the fact they are not a rolling chassis means i have to find a permanent spot for them which i dont have yet.

think i will buy and secure them then figure the logistics out.

FordBronc

Contributor
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
The good thing is these broncs aren't going anywhere. They are in the middle of no man's land and out of site so I got some time to pick them up.
Think I will buy and secure them, then figure the logistics out.
See the light at the tunnel just got brighter, they are safe, since they are in the middle of no mans land. Just remember YOU found them, so can other Bronco hunters. But sounds like you have a plan to avoid that possibility, like any good Bronco owner does. Buy now, handle the rest later.

So in a nut shell....buy them now, do not have a way to move them or a place to store them, once the 14 road trip is over, they are not rollers. either. Titles are not confirmed...but all that is small details that does not matter to a hard core Bronco owner right? lol

I took off for Kansas City late at night, with questionable directions. Had to cross very sketchy home made bridge, they were having a bone fire party, so like 15 drunks help load it. Almost got stuck back in there, got home as the sun came up. Son in law and I had a blast.

Attachments

• 100_1898.JPG
    100_1898.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_1896.JPG
    100_1896.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
papy

papy

See the light at the tunnel just got brighter, they are safe, since they are in the middle of no mans land. Just remember YOU found them, so can other Bronco hunters. But sounds like you have a plan to avoid that possibility, like any good Bronco owner does. Buy now, handle the rest later.

So in a nut shell....buy them now, do not have a way to move them or a place to store them, once the 14 road trip is over, they are not rollers. either. Titles are not confirmed...but all that is small details that does not matter to a hard core Bronco owner right? lol

I took off for Kansas City late at night, with questionable directions. Had to cross very sketchy home made bridge, they were having a bone fire party, so like 15 drunks help load it. Almost got stuck back in there, got home as the sun came up. Son in law and I had a blast.
definitely a gamble with other hunters lol.
any EB is better than no EB- if you have the space for them;) soon i will have space to house many Fords in my own field. at one point ( not long ago) i had six 73-79 crew cabs purchased but scattered across the province. they stayed on the farms where they were purchased for for several years. i ended up picking them up one by one and selling them off one at a time which i regret to a degree.

sounds like you had quit the trip and experience lol

cheers

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Found out about some Broncos in a field and finally got in touch with the owner and he sent me these pics earlier today.

They were his fathers and have been in weeds for 35+ years
They are just sitting on frames no running gear. He has no idea what the condition of the metal is in as he just walked up to them and took pictures didn't access them. Has no idea what else is inside underneath the broncos.

There's got to be some parts worth stripping off of these no? 7hr drive one way from my place.

To my understanding he doesn't want much for them maybe 500 maybe 1000 bucks at the most.

very nice find... not many will be like that OH Imma build it one day haha

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

LOL, road trip :)

FordBronc

Contributor
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Another parts truck road trip today, and used the Bronco as a tow truck to get the back end off the trailer (locked up rear brakes). And then used it as an anchor point, when I drug the trailer out from under the front end. Projects......

Attachments

• r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 64
  • r0.jpg
    r0.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1917.JPG
    100_1917.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
papy

papy

Another parts truck road trip today, and used the Bronco as a tow truck to get the back end off the trailer (locked up rear brakes). And then used it as an anchor point, when I drug the trailer out from under the front end. Projects......
nice! i've got a few 79 broncos myself! love the 2nd gens...

OP
OP
papy

papy

very nice find... not many will be like that OH Imma build it one day haha

i just bought the whole package everything in the pics i posted. the owner and his uncle have some heavy equipment and are going to extract them from the weeds and load them onto my trailer. will post pics when i get them home in months time or so.
JP

FordBronc

Contributor
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Thanks, I have another 79 "parts Bronco" and a few F250's that are in different stages of enjoyment and use. I love a 73-79 Crew Cab but I have not hit the lottery to get me one of them. And now I am getting EB stacked up.

Congrats on the "save" of a couple more.

Attachments

• 100_3501.JPG
    100_3501.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    330.6 KB · Views: 36
  • picking up red 024.JPG
    picking up red 024.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 31
  • blue2.JPG
    blue2.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 35
  • creek cross.jpg
    creek cross.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 38

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I think it's great that you're doing that but I don't understand what's really useable when I look at the pictures. 35 years sitting on the ground is a long time.

The only visible dash pic has the glove box removed so my guess is that at some point these were stripped of their valuable parts all at once or along the way.

Again, not being negative, just trying to understand what to look for because I have passed on a few of these opportunities along the way and as recently as a few months ago.

Thx.

OP
OP
papy

papy

I think it's great that you're doing that but I don't understand what's really useable when I look at the pictures. 35 years sitting on the ground is a long time.

The only visible dash pic has the glove box removed so my guess is that at some point these were stripped of their valuable parts all at once or along the way.

Again, not being negative, just trying to understand what to look for because I have passed on a few of these opportunities along the way and as recently as a few months ago.

Thx.
Hey
no offense taken this is why we post things to get feedback, help from one another.

who really knows until you gets your hand on them. the owner said he thinks he saw the dash in the back of the other one.

some good parts i think are usable. topper, liftgates, dash and who knows what shape the tubs are in hopefully one can salvage pieces from the tubs same goes for the doors and tailgate. hopefully some hardware/ linkages are remaining on the doors and liftgates.

couple seats, dana 20 T is always nice to have

i have a rolling chassis in my yard from a 72-74 that i bought years ago. the PO told me he bought the truck for parts and scrapped the rest. he didn't sell the VIN or glove box door so if i can expose the VIN on my roller frame then i've got something to work with. same goes for these two units.

in Alberta all you need is a VIN number to plate a vehicle. you are not required nor do they check/ask to show the VIN or VIN plate -just a number on a bill of sale. if it checks out that it hasn't been renewed and dont have a salvage status then they would be still active in the system.

all in all for the price i got them and not having to extract them just load them onto my trailer i think it's worth the time/effort to go for them

not often you see EB come up and when you do they are way more money and some are in the same looking condition ( maybe more complete) and always seem to be a days drive away lol

JP

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
i just bought the whole package everything in the pics i posted. the owner and his uncle have some heavy equipment and are going to extract them from the weeds and load them onto my trailer. will post pics when i get them home in months time or so.
JP

outstanding bud.. :)

OP
OP
papy

papy

well here we are... got them to my buddy's place here East of Calgary safe and sound!
I had some great help from the seller and his team loading them up on my trailer and the same where I docked them at my buddy's place with his big a** loader lol. Really it was an effortless recovery for me other than the long drive.

what i got

the blue bronco is really mangled up. lots of rust how ever lots of good metal remaining. The topper has quite a few dents from what looks like straps kinking in the windows and front middle part - other than that it has very little rust. frame, lift gate and windshield frame are in goods shape.

the grey one ( originally boxwood green) has some good bones. very solid tub from the to the B pillar/ striker posts. the front body crossmember/support that is under the tunnel was cut or split so the front portion is sagging. the cowl, fire wall, front wheel tubs are also in good shape. the topper is in VERY good shape with a small dent on the top that can be pushed out. no creases just a small bump. it also has a 3 speed and dana20 still attached to the truck

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
papy

papy

also recovered a few parts that were under 3ft of leaves and debris as we were cleaning them out.
3 speed/dana 20 attached to the grey bronco
2 heater boxes
dash is good in the blue one
brake/clutch gas pedals
3 doors that are not too bad but are striped out for the most part.
seats D&P
engine, 3 speed, dana 20 combo. engine is toast but has most of the brackets still on it
tail gate bottom is toast.
a partial steer9ing column
*misc. parts in back of blue bronco
a complete engine (which is toast) with another 3 speed and dana 20
both frames are solid

Attachments

• g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 49
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 50