• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Im not waving at new Broncos, anymore.

77BRONKOTN

Whos driving the new Broncos?

I spot several everytime I ride the 77 around. I throw my hand up, nothing. Sit at traffic light next to them, nothing, not even a glance.

I seriously don't think they know they are in a Bronco.

Ive showered, change my cloths, hair style and none of that has helped either.

Old rovers, cruisers, Cj's will wave.

So, I officially quit, waving that is.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
can't say i'm surprised. keep up the waves though, eventually they'll start to wave back! :cool: They dont know that their part of a cool community now.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
What BGBronco said... I gave up initiating the "hi wave" and of course I'll wave back if I can see them thru their tinted glass.

I feel the same way about events. Buying your way in to a group of vehicles that has a myriad of quirks and idiosyncracies which make them unique and then saying you are now a "full fledged member" is not even close to the experience of owning & hearing the stories of those that say "I need to fix it every time I drive it" or "I need to wipe the oil drips off the floor every morning when I leave for work" :) original model... it's the experiences of EB ownership to me.

I have great friends who drive Chevy trucks ok?? lol

Comemonday71

Contributor
I actually had a nice couple speed up in their new Bronco to go out of their way to wave and give me the thumbs up. It has only happened once. All the others I have waved to have given me a strange look.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I think geographics and/or vehicle history play a role as well. Those that have rode motorcycles and/or owned a Jeep and/or live in rural areas are more apt to wave. Motorcyclists have the strongest following of waving, followed by Jeeps. If they live in truly rural areas they are accustomed to waving at everyone.

I see it out wheeling, especially on popular easy trails. No body waves and won’t even roll the window down to say hi when passing on a 2 track.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Steve's made some good points too.

Before Seattle which is over 100 miles away moved into our town (dang work from home people) lol we were a farming community, horses were ridden down the County roads and into town and tied up in front of the hardware store. Those days are LONG GONE and are replaced with Range Rovers and Teslas. Still some great new people moving in but NOBODY waves it seems like. We all used to know the driver behind the wheel in every 3rd pickup! :)

Last edited:

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have had people not wave and others wave like I was their best friend! When I drive my Jeep I actually get tired of waving (there are tons of Jeeps around here!) But I try to wave to other broncos doesn't matter if its new or old when I am driving a one of my broncos.

Yeller I understand about everyone waving in rural areas. When we first moved to this part of Maryland every time we drove our old F150 everyone would wave to us didnt matter what they were driving. We liked it and any time someone came from out of town they would be like (that person waved do you know them? it was fun but unfortunately it is not like that anymore.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I've found there's a difference between the owners of the two door and four door models.
The four door drivers appear to be station wagon/minivan oriented, and the two door owners more the off-road type.
I do think Ford did a great job with the two-door. It's a very good replica of our vintage Broncos. That is except for the goofy "round" wheel wells. It's a good thing there's an aftermarket fix for that.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As Yeller and others have said, I think it (somewhat at least) just depends on the person.

It does aggravate me somewhat when I'm right beside them and they won't even look over for some reason. The example I'm thinking of was on our bypass and I'm right beside a new Bronco Sport and I'm in my '66 EB and they wouldn't even look over when I pulled up and waved.

On the other hand wife and I drove over to a popular taco place with good outdoor seating near the University of Kentucky. First pass by in the '66 there wasn't a good parking space so we went around the block and loop back to park in a space that opened up. As we walked in a very nice lady and her family couldn't wait to come over and tell us how much they loved our Bronco and that they have a new Badlands edition!

You just never know, depends a lot on the person I guess.

Norm

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
haha! look at us analyzing the Gen6 owners. Here's a story: I arrived at my sons baseball game last week and pulled into a stall right next to a near G6. It had a lift, 37s, new bumpers, winch, was pretty modded out. Guy sees me pulling in and smiles... I get out and say, "nice bronco!" His reply, "thanks!" and then just walks away... I gotta admit, I was looking for more. Maybe a "hey thanks and same to you!" or some maybe a "thanks, and what year is yours?" kind of acknowledgement that i was driving one too? :rolleyes:.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
One thing that has surprised me as of late, I find I get more thumbs up and waves driving my 52 year old Gladiator than I do from the bronco. Don’t know if it’s because you see fewer of them or what.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
haha! look at us analyzing the Gen6 owners. Here's a story: I arrived at my sons baseball game last week and pulled into a stall right next to a near G6. It had a lift, 37s, new bumpers, winch, was pretty modded out. Guy sees me pulling in and smiles... I get out and say, "nice bronco!" His reply, "thanks!" and then just walks away... I gotta admit, I was looking for more. Maybe a "hey thanks and same to you!" or some maybe a "thanks, and what year is yours?" kind of acknowledgement that i was driving one too? :rolleyes:.
for sure, it definitely feels like owners of new generation that put an additional $20k of boltons for a mall crawler kinda react differently than the ones with grease under their fingernails and cuts on their hands and arms from keeping the 1st Gen on the road....

willtel

The example I'm thinking of was on our bypass and I'm right beside a new Bronco Sport and I'm in my '66 EB and they wouldn't even look over when I pulled up and waved.
I'd expect even less response from Bronco Sport drivers. That is just a ruggedized Ford Escape.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree, but still theirs said Bronco on it and I'm right beside them in a first year BRONCO, I would have thought they would have at least nodded or something!:rolleyes:

House

Minutia Militia
I have a 2021 4 door and have yet to see an Early Bronco while driving it, but I would wave for sure… haha

TNcowboy

Out in the country here in Tennessee waving at oncoming traffic is still somewhat common, especially trucks. Less so than it used to be, but I've made the mistake of carrying the practice in cities like Nashville....not such a good idea, but they do practice economy of motion by waving back with one finger

I'm thinking that a lot of new Bronco owners are more interested in the trendiness of NEW Broncos and don't really care about the design that kicked off the brand.

Guess there's no accounting for a lack of taste