• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Earliest Broncos known to exist (1-30)!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I unknowing bought 732004 sight unseen a couple days ago.
Congrats Charley. Normally we warn people off of the "sight unseen" purchases that go on so often. As often as not they do not end up well.
If not only for the frustration of buying something that was not as advertised, but even knowing it needs to be worked on, not realizing just how much it's going to cost even to get it rolling. Especially if they don't do their own work!

In your case, it's such a cool and unique find, that even if it's in what we would normally consider bad shape, it'll be a fun rig for sure.
What were/are your plans for a Bronco purchase in general? Were you looking for a '66 specifically to restore because of being the first year? Or were you already hunting down the earliest you could find?
Obviously, a religious restoration is much harder and time consuming (and hard to find '66 only parts sometimes), but probably worth it in your case. I think you will also find lots of helpful minds and hands here happy to help you get where you're going.
You planning to drive it and have fun with the family maybe? Or just a temporary fun project to pass on later?

No matter what, have fun and good luck with it!

Paul

Lewko66u13

Contributor
Loc.
Canada

Hello all:

New member, new to the forum and I need to stay anonymous at this time. I unknowing bought 732004 sight unseen a couple days ago. Is it safe to assume that it is the earliest production Bronco known to exist?

Never restored U15
Uncut
Caribbean Turquoise
With 33K original miles

Just call me Charlie Bucket for now…
Congrats on the find! Can’t wait to see pictures

numbr4

Congrats Charley. Normally we warn people off of the "sight unseen" purchases that go on so often. As often as not they do not end up well.
If not only for the frustration of buying something that was not as advertised, but even knowing it needs to be worked on, not realizing just how much it's going to cost even to get it rolling. Especially if they don't do their own work!

In your case, it's such a cool and unique find, that even if it's in what we would normally consider bad shape, it'll be a fun rig for sure.
What were/are your plans for a Bronco purchase in general? Were you looking for a '66 specifically to restore because of being the first year? Or were you already hunting down the earliest you could find?
Obviously, a religious restoration is much harder and time consuming (and hard to find '66 only parts sometimes), but probably worth it in your case. I think you will also find lots of helpful minds and hands here happy to help you get where you're going.
You planning to drive it and have fun with the family maybe? Or just a temporary fun project to pass on later?

No matter what, have fun and good luck with it!

Paul
Thank you Paul

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Thanks for the pics! I am not sure why, but I expected it to be in much worse shape. If you are able to, I would love to hear how you found it. If you were looking for it, or it just dropped into your lap while generally looking around for broncos. I understand if you don't want to do that publicly since it is such a recent find. Very cool that you shared this with us, I love these History/Mystery threads!

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
“ The big red Texaco star! “

Or was it the big bright Texaco star?
Something like that... your memory is about as good as mine Paul. :p That was back in the day when they were called Service Stations, not just gas stations, and you could take your car there for various maintenance and repairs.

Last edited:

77Bronco636

Thanks for sharing the pics….she looks to be in pretty good shape!! Did the warranty tag survive (located on the driver side kick panel) and did you verify the the number on the frame (hopefully is legible)……???
Great find!!!

Paul