• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TrueTrac installed

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Just got the new gears n Truetrac installed, just in time for MEB Round Up!

Can’t wait to see how everything performs in the trails.

Driving home from the shop last night in the rain, couldn’t even tell it was there until I stepped on it. Then it was nothing but traction. Predictable traction and couldn’t feel when it disengaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
wait until you climb something and it wont grab something then you tap the brakes forces lock-up and up you go.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just got the new gears n Truetrac installed, just in time for MEB Round Up!

Can’t wait to see how everything performs in the trails.

Driving home from the shop last night in the rain, couldn’t even tell it was there until I stepped on it. Then it was nothing but traction. Predictable traction and couldn’t feel when it disengaged.

We want to hear how it does.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just did front and rear true tracks, haven’t had it put yet, but does chirp around corners a little
actully really like my Detroit soft locker in my last bronco, but the true try is a great compromise

OP
OP
muskrat

muskrat

Bronco Guru
It work great. A few times a looked down at the tunnel after some really tricky Blue sections and either the front diff jumped out of gear or I forgot to engage it, but didn’t matter.

Ran a bunch of trails in 2 low with ease.

I’ll really pleased with it, on road and now off road.

I’d recommend it.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Can you lay two stripes on pavement with them every time??? Or do you need to rely on brake bias to make sure it applies torque to both wheels???

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Can you lay two stripes on pavement with them every time??? Or do you need to rely on brake bias to make sure it applies torque to both wheels???
Could with the one I had, along with drift and make really nice curly stripes🤣🤣

Liked it well enough I was going to put one in the Gladiator but found a Grizzly way too cheap

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
That's all I needed to hear. :)

Besides their known trail manners.

OP
OP
muskrat

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Hot mostly blues yesterday and only had front engaged here n there. It worked really well.

I took a sharp right hand turn today n the inside wheel chirped a bit. I was wondering why.

Found a parking lot and did a series of tight figure 8’s n no chirping.

Pulled out of the parking lot w another tight right and a little chirping again.

My first first one so I don’t know if it’s right or wrong.

I didn’t get much street time w it before I wheeled it two days in a row.

It’s under warranty if it gets squirrelly.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
The chirping is normal. Adding power in a tight turn will cause the tire with least traction to chirp. Apply less throttle and the chirp will stop, but what fun is that LOL.

Stand on it hard in a tight turn, it will still just chirp until the outside tire looses traction, then the fun will really begin, turning your Bronco into a slithering Cobra 😎

OP
OP
muskrat

muskrat

Bronco Guru
The chirping is normal. Adding power in a tight turn will cause the tire with least traction to chirp. Apply less throttle and the chirp will stop, but what fun is that LOL.

Stand on it hard in a tight turn, it will still just chirp until the outside tire looses traction, then the fun will really begin, turning your Bronco into a slithering Cobra

LOL! Thanks for the feedback.

Love the unit.