• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'72 Bronco project (Cypress, Tx)

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
here's the glove box plate Light copper metallic?

Attachments

• Bronco glove box .jpg
    Bronco glove box .jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 37

gunnibronco

Loc.
Gardnerville, NV
here's the glove box plate Light copper metallic?
I've seen it listed as Hot Ginger Metallic, but it very well could have had other names. I've seen other colors with multiple names (Durango Tan is also known as Light Goldenrod).

Ford only advertised the Explorer Sports in Durango Tan. Hot Ginger Metallic was the second highest production color. I believe all colors were available, but Tan and Ginger were the only ones mass produced.

There were 488 X code Explorer Sports made.

Thanks.

Attachments

• GingerP_2016.jpg
    GingerP_2016.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 72explorer-brochure05.jpg
    72explorer-brochure05.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 72 explorer sport ginger-no vin.jpg
    72 explorer sport ginger-no vin.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
Got the front carpet fitted, not installed permanently, but the cargo area~ not sure what to do there yet. was thinking to cut a piece of plywood, but the area is 5' x 5' ish. No worries, time to think on that. Tomorrow I should be painting the hard top, earlier on before the scorching heat hits my building;)

Attachments

• Bronco carpeta.jpg
    Bronco carpeta.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Bronco carpet.jpg
    Bronco carpet.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 46

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
broncos in the latter years had a ribbed rubber mat the filled the bed and then they put the better parchment rubber mat over that same with the carpet made a nice flat floor that was easier on the knees. they also used strips of hard board card board bonded and stacked on the ribbed floor. my 1974 explorer came with the ribbed rubber mat. They survived very well through the years.

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
I suppose I could cut strips to go in the lows of the bed, creating a "flat" surface? Wow, a ribbed rubber mat! that'd be neat;)

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I suppose I could cut strips to go in the lows of the bed, creating a "flat" surface? Wow, a ribbed rubber mat! that'd be neat;)

Kinda like this…

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
the factory mat had holes stamped for the seat mount and seat belt bolts. take a small pice of tubeing and sharped the edge as a punch

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
well, I'm not pleased with the turn out of the hard top, not the stripes, but I didn't buy enough black and there were some sand marks that I didnt' take care of:(. So, I get to sand down the top of the hard top (the sides are fine), and re-shoot tomorrow. I hadn't clear coated it. I hope I can post finished pictures tomorrow;)

Attachments

• Bronco hard top paint.jpg
    Bronco hard top paint.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
Tada! ;) Now to work underneath, like insulation, etc;)

Attachments

• Bronco hard top paintz.jpg
    Bronco hard top paintz.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 49
  • Bronco hard top painty.jpg
    Bronco hard top painty.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Bronco hard top paintx.jpg
    Bronco hard top paintx.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
Hi, happy Saturday! Hard top it in place, just tweaking, need to order new glass;) OUr youngest daughter sat in the Bronco for a Glamour shot!!

and for your entertainment, the Chevy Chevette song!

Attachments

• Bronco hard top installede.PNG
    Bronco hard top installede.PNG
    787.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Bronco hard top installedc.PNG
    Bronco hard top installedc.PNG
    827 KB · Views: 73
  • Bronco hard top installed.PNG
    Bronco hard top installed.PNG
    893.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Bronco hard top ona.PNG
    Bronco hard top ona.PNG
    893.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Bronco hard top installedd.jpg
    Bronco hard top installedd.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Bronco hard top installeda.jpg
    Bronco hard top installeda.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
it looks like the bronco has been claimed. dont forget to paint the letters in your grill green. I see another Bronco in your future.

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
omg, another Bronco? I don't know about that Rusty~ seems like everyone knows what they have now and the price on em are crazy expensive! I think one Bronco, at least for now is jut fine;)

it looks like the bronco has been claimed. dont forget to paint the letters in your grill green. I see another Bronco in your future.