• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson Offroad public service message

JGO

Contributor
I paid Steve (the owner) of Hanson Offroad $1300 for a Bronco bumper over a year ago. He's promised it about a dozen times but never delivers. Called about a week ago to let him know my paitence had run out and I just wanted my money back, and lost it on me over the phone like I was the Deadbeat! I was a loyal customer and fan dating back to the Wayne Hanson days, I wish he never sold, or sold the business to a more reputable shop. The Yelp reviews are accurate! Any Ideas on how to recover my money or get a bumper out of this guy?
https://www.yelp.com/biz/hanson-offroad-bakersfield

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Sorry to hear that you're having such trouble with them - I saw your posts on FB as well. I haven't figured out how Steve Kramer has managed to stay in business all these years. He's owned CalMini for decades as well and used to exhibit every year at the SEMA Show too.

I hope you're able to get some resolution from him soon. I can still remember when my Hanson front bumper (back when Wayne owned it) arrived at my house. I've had 5-6 rear bumpers in the intervening years but I've never wanted to change my Hanson unit.

Todd Z.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
this is really unfortunate. OP, let us know if you get your $ back! I'm disappointed. I've been eyeing these bumpers for a while now. I'll go a different route.

OP
OP
J

JGO

Contributor
Sorry to hear that you're having such trouble with them - I saw your posts on FB as well. I haven't figured out how Steve Kramer has managed to stay in business all these years. He's owned CalMini for decades as well and used to exhibit every year at the SEMA Show too.

I hope you're able to get some resolution from him soon. I can still remember when my Hanson front bumper (back when Wayne owned it) arrived at my house. I've had 5-6 rear bumpers in the intervening years but I've never wanted to change my Hanson unit.

Todd Z.
Yeah it's tough. Steve sent tracking today so we will see if a bumper shows up. I hate that he pushed me over the edge where I turned to the internet to tattle! I don't want to be involved in this kind of negativity and hurt a struggling business but a year is too long, and then you bitch out your customer when they call? Something is wrong there.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah it's tough. Steve sent tracking today so we will see if a bumper shows up. I hate that he pushed me over the edge where I turned to the internet to tattle! I don't want to be involved in this kind of negativity and hurt a struggling business but a year is too long, and then you bitch out your customer when they call? Something is wrong there.
F that. You paid for a product and were getting strung along. They need to either deliver the product or give you a refund. Don't feel bad about any of it.

Mark1911

Holy crap! I could go on and on as to how I also have been jerked around for 4 MONTHS! for a rear bumper, mind you this was no special built bumper I ordered a standard rear bumper with left side carrier. Easy right?? Steve charged my credit card right away (quite a bit of money for a fricken plate bumper) anyways Steve starts the excuses as to why it is taking so long, according to him it is EVERYONE ELSES FAULT as to why it is taking so long.
Fast forward to today, I paid for door-to-door shipping, but noooo I have to go pick it up from the shipping depot! WTF?
I unboxed the unit and of course it's not what I ordered! ugh, and to make things worse the welds are sub-par, fitment is going to require a ton of modifications to fit correctly.
I called Steve and very calmly explained my concerns, Steves answer to me was to ship the assembly back to him (my expense of course) and that he will make the modifications to it and ship it back (again at my expense) UH NO.
NEVER AGAIN!
The protofab I purchased for the front fit absolutely perfect, they even did a requested modification for me with no hassle.
Hanson bumpers can just blow me.

Mark

Mark1911

By the way, if I offended anyone, and I was somewhat careful with my words, I am sorry in advance.
I Lothe liars and thieves,

BruiserOutdoors

This is very unfortunate to hear but thanks for sharing. I have been wanting a Hanson bumper for years.

OP
OP
J

JGO

Contributor
Follow up, Steve/HansonOffRoad/CalMini did end up coming through with a bumper. I hate that it took threats and internet shaming to get it, but it’s done. I thought it was fair to post the good result. i’m not going to do business anymore but they are nice bumpers!

Attachments

• 8F35594B-8552-43AE-8880-92AA54726AE8.jpeg
    8F35594B-8552-43AE-8880-92AA54726AE8.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 66

Mark1911

Congratulations!! I am glad things worked out, yours appears to look better than mine, welds etc. Mine looks like a high school project.
Thanks for posting.
Never again.

Mark

Mark1911

I was at the powder coater earlier today and saw a gorgeous pair of bumpers for a Ford superduty, I am not into the big bulky plate bumpers but damn the fit, finish and welds looked absolutely perfect!
I am embarrassed to take the Hanson to the same company for powder coating it looks so bad.
Once again high school project.

Mark

Mark1911

JGO. Sooooo how does your Hanson bumper fit? Mine does not fit unless I stack up washers and redrill a few holes to get things to line up, kinda....
If I measure from outside-to-outside frame rails, I get 29 1/2, the bumper on a bench with adaptors? installed measures at 30 3/16, if I use the small bit of slop between the adaptor brackets and bumper, I can achieve 29 3/4, and then shim the rest?? seems like the weight of the bumper and spare tire are now depending solely on the bolts and shims. hopefully yours fits better before I start asking for a replacement bumper or refund because this thing is just a huge boat anchor as far as I'm concerned.
Gonna be a battle with Hanson.......

Mark.