• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff HD Lower Coil Spring Retainers

Jmjuhl

Contributor
Loc.
Cypress, Texas
I finally installed my Duff T-Rex arms on the Currie Dana 44 low pinion axle. When I went to install the Duff HD lower coil spring retainers they would only fit in the rear two holes (of the three holes) on top of the T rex arms...if I tried to put it on the front two holes the side of the coil bucket interferes with the inner C on the Dana 44.

As it sits now, the spring doesn't bow and lines up, but the lower coil retainer moved to the front set of holes would be perfect. I think the side of the retainer could be "clearanced" a bit to make it fit but before I move any further forward I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 26

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I only have 2 bolts in mine different application but I don’t think it matters.

Edit: sure you have them on the correct side? There is a right and left.

OP
OP
Jmjuhl

Jmjuhl

Contributor
Loc.
Cypress, Texas
I only have 2 bolts in mine different application but I don’t think it matters
Well to be clear the arm has two bolt holes and the head unit has one...when put together there are a total of three holes in the top of the arm/head unit to bolt the coil retainer down. Basically a front position using the head unit hole and front radius arm hole...or a rear position using the two holes in the radius arm. The picture I attached is using the two holes in the arm itself...photograph is of the passenger side.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Mine have the coil clip on the outside towards the C. Not saying mine are correct, just remember them being marked left and right and being pretty certain they were installed on the correct side.

OP
OP
Jmjuhl

Jmjuhl

Contributor
Loc.
Cypress, Texas
I went back and double checked…You can see the P for passenger in the picture…with the bracket for the sway bar pointing forward that puts the coil clip on the inside. I checked the driver side as well and it is marked D for driver in the same orientation

Attachments

• CDE08CC1-BBE1-4ED9-BA9C-1B4EA62B9FB4.jpeg
    CDE08CC1-BBE1-4ED9-BA9C-1B4EA62B9FB4.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 18

bax

Contributor
Old Member
2 holes is all I have ever seen. One in the arm and one in the head unit. You are correct, they are marked passenger and driver.