• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

16 Years Later

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
16 Years ago, I was driving past a garage and saw this Bronco. It hadn't been driven in 14 years. It was from Colorado and driven to Chicago by a college graduate who took a job here. She sold it to the man I bought it from. He paid 1000 for it. I paid 2500. My son and I (and mostly a talented mechanic) brought her back to life. I took her out for a 200 mile drive yesterday. She still looks good and drives great.

Attachments

• 20220806_052217.jpg
    20220806_052217.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220806_052201.jpg
    20220806_052201.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220806_052128.jpg
    20220806_052128.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
cannunz546

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
NiCE LOOKING BRONCO FOR SURE .
Where was if for 14 years .
Hey Pa, it was in a garage near my house in Arlington Heights, IL. Right by the famous horse race track. I was driving by a house and there was a man mowing the grass. His garage was open. I saw the nose of the Bronco under a bunch of stuff piled on the hood. It was a stock pale yellow color. I stopped and we got to talking and the rest is Bronco history. My son and I and a great local mechanic had a blast rebuilding it over th3 next year. It became a bit of an urban legend as a lot of people patronize this mechanic. Funny side story goes with it. When it was almost done, I decided to teach my then 14 year old son how to drive a stick shift. I picked up the Bronco on a beautiful Sunday morning with my son and we were on the way to an empty parking lot across town to begin his driving lessons. The Bronco had no plates and about half way to the parking lot a police car pulled up behind me and lit up his lights. I figured I'd get a talking to or a ticket for not having plates or a registration. Nope. This police officer was a patron of my mechanic and just wanted to see the finished product. I asked if he wanted to drive it and he followed us to the parking lot and took it for a spin while my son and I watched his patrol car. It was a neat experience and one my son talks about from time to time....he's now 30 year's old.