• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiper switch wiring help please;)

Dne007

Contributor
Hi, just a little help here please on the stock wiper switch/motor;)
I understand #763 orange/white as supplying the switch with power from the fuse box, but the three to follow I do not understand:(
#63 red(park power),
#950 black (power in for wiper)
#615 black (park circuit power)

thanks,
dne' ;)

1661979023832.jpeg

Attachments

• Bronco wiper wiringa.jpg
    Bronco wiper wiringa.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 4

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Not sure where your chart comes from. These are the stock colors and wire numbers. The annotations tell you how it works. wipers.jpg

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
The park switch is in the wiper motor and runs on a cam that works with wiper shaft position. As long as the wiper switch is on the wipers will run powered by that switch. When you turn off the wipers the park switch will supply power until the wiper arms get to the upper (park) position on the windshield at which time the cam will open the park switch and the wipers will stop at the proper position. Thats the basics anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
Viper, I apologize, I forgot to put Tom's Bronco is where I obtained that information. Thank you for the schematic~ I'll try to put it to use tomorrow;)

Thank you too SSRAY;)

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Viper, I apologize, I forgot to put Tom's Bronco is where I obtained that information. Thank you for the schematic~ I'll try to put it to use tomorrow;)

Thank you too SSRAY;)
You probably got this by now but I wonder if there might be some difference in early and later years. The 615 in your list is 28 (Bk-W) on the diagrams. Also noticed the washer feed is 941 vs 951 and the color code is reversed FWIW. Happy wiring if there is such a thing. :)

OP
OP
Dne007

Dne007

Contributor
Thanks everyone, wasn't so bad, more common sense, but the help here was beneficial too, now onto the headlight switch ;)

Attachments

• Bronco wiper switch.jpg
    Bronco wiper switch.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 9