• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This place used to be...

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Most forum sites are dying, I am just glad this one is here and thriving. CBs are no longer cheap, but I guess that counts a lot of us as lucky, since most of us bought before the market went nuts.

Young kids looking to wheel, or mud, will be using 90s trucks and rigs now.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Still here too. Check most everyday. Don’t post too much any more. Still have the 74. I despise FB & IG so I don’t use them. This site is great and I really appreciate all those I’ve met here.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I frequent the board but don't post nearly as much as when I was doing my build. I like this board so much more than FB or any other place. I think it is because the people that come here do it intentionally where as FB most of that just shows up on your feed and it is not intentional so the people there are not as dedicated to the hobby. When I was doing my build the prices were starting to rise and I was hoping to get a 2nd EB so I could leave 1 each for both of my daughters. Well that never happened so I only have one so they will have to fight over it. I am still on the lookout for a 2nd one but to spend 5K plus to get something just more than a title and a pile of rust is just too much for me to stomach. We have a great bunch of people here and I hope it continues!

BRONCOchild2.0

Loc.
SoCal
It's the change of times. Whether Admin like it or not, this site will not acquire new traffic or new members if it's not updated with other links or resources.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Nice to know so many people are in the same boat I am. I bought mine in 2006 and did everything except spray the paint. Never tried to build something that I would be afraid to drive through 10 miles of mud road, or through a mesquite pasture. At the time I started you could buy all sorts of parts cheap on e-bay. My Ford PS box worm conversion cost me a grand total of $60, and my disc brake conversion $55. My tilt steering wheel is from and S-10 the guy through in for free with another deal. What's funny is as I finished parts started going up and I sold my unused stuff for unbelievable to me at the time prices. I don't post here much anymore, since I have very few things left I want to do to the Bronco.

Waldo

Contributor
I always tended towards the tech forum on this site as I always seemed to fixing/solving some problem or another over the years. The tech knowledge is so incredible! Only recently even looked at this Chat forum.

this site will not acquire new traffic or new members if it's not updated with other links or resources

I hope this site doesn't die, it has been a life saver over the years!

walker_creek

I was never very active on here, but I'm back too. Always appreciated the tech help I received here, although I've been kind of guilty about not returning the favor when I know the answer.
I screwed up my transfer case "recently" and moved the Bronco out to the barn. Finally got it moved over to the shop trying to get it back in shape and I realized "recently" was 8 or 9 years ago!

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
I’ve been a member since 2008. I’m a person of few words with a lower than average amount of posts. But, I am grateful for the help I’ve received on this site. My 77 build will be better because of it. You all are first class. Thanks.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
As long as there are early broncos, there will be problems or opportunities for improvement. I'm not sure what could replace the store of knowledge on this site.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Certainly a "shift".... When I bought mine about 15 years ago the discussions were centered around ppl keeping them on the road and modifying them for the trail... As I reflect back, its funny how many topics revolved around using parts from other vehicles on our Broncos. Certainly feels like the current direction is more towards restorations and resto-mods. Not good or bad.... Its just what people are into these days... Pretty sure that the increased values are the cause. I dont blame anyone that puts lots of time and money into their truck not to want to get it scratched....