• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seat Options: WH/Tom's?

walker_creek

I'm looking at seat options, and am after an easy install (I don't have time to a lot for building or modifying brackets right now).
I'm looking at the Wild Horse seat kit and the one from Tom's. I am also wanting to install 3 point shoulder belts while I'm at it.

I don't see much difference between the two options other than Tom's has a premium option.

Has anybody had experience with either of these (or both)? I am 6'0" and wear 36" long jeans, so if one has more legroom over the other that may be a deciding factor.

I'd appreciate any opinions since I've never seen either of these seat sets in person.

Waldo

Contributor
I bought the grey premium seats from Tom's (front and rear) in March. Very happy with them. Nice to have a recline function! I'm 6'3, similar leg length and no issues for/aft or vertical head room (I have a Rampage top presently).

Attachments

• 2022-06-02 b.jpg
    2022-06-02 b.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 93

Contributor
Toms is coming out with a brown saddle looking option too! That’s what I’ll be purchasing.

1969miller

Contributor
Loc.
Elk Grove
have not used Tom's seats, however the WH seats sit you very low for head room for tall folks or folks with a cage.

OP
OP
walker_creek

walker_creek

Thanks for the input! I went ahead and ordered the Tom's Premium set. The deciding factor was they tell me the premium material is durable and easy to clean.
They're supposed to show up later this week, so I guess I'll know if I made the right call then.

OP
OP
walker_creek

walker_creek

Started installing the seats last night. I'm considering moving the rear seat further forward than the instructions say.
There's not even going to be enough room for a cooler or toolbox behind that seat.
Would I be making a mistake moving it forward?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No real mistakes with Broncos. But a “I wish I hadn’t done that” is often very likely!🙄😉😁
Just take some measurements. Possibly you will run out of passenger leg room before you leave enough room behind the seat for a decent size cooler.
Look for some slim coolers to see if you can make that work. That might be the only way to achieve both ends. If it’s just kids riding in the back leg room is usually not an issue.
But adults get short changed pretty quickly.

You can put the seat on tracks so that you can move it back-and-forth as needed. Or you can just through bolt it like it is now.
You’ll have to reinforce the floor where you put the new bolt locations probably, but it can be done usually.

OP
OP
walker_creek

walker_creek

I honestly don't have back seat passengers alot. I think I might have to have some people come over and let me know what they're bare minimum legroom would be and mount it accordingly. I'm 6'0" and I think it could go at least 8-10" forward...after all it's not a road tripping rig.

jdb76

Loc.
Ravensdale
Hows the quality of the seats from Toms? Im needing seats and cant decide on Toms or Corbeau Rs

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love the quality of the Tom's Premium seats.

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 126

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Nice job on the interior! Well, at least the front half…can’t see the back half. Lol

Randy

Contributor
Thinking about pulling the trigger on the TOMs walnut seats myself. Hopefully they will have matching door panels soon :) Would love to see some pictures!
I’ve talked to them on the phone and they said they don’t plan to offer matching interior pieces yet but will sell the matching material separate so you can have your interior reupholstered to match