• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

And here comes the Mall Crawlers

Contributor
I can’t hear any mall crawlers what are you talking about?

Reactions: kat

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yup lots of ugly wheels with tons of offset. Great for chipping the paint off the side of the trucks.

I have a 2.3 in our Black diamond and it is a great little motor pulls the truck just fine gets over 19mpg. I think it is just as quick as the V6 in my Wrangler. I have a Badlands on order (supposed to be delivered shortly) and it has the 2.7. It will be interesting to feel the difference. But the 2.3 is solid trouble free motor, the 2.7 has had all kinds of issues in both the bronco and F150. I wouldnt be afraid of a 2.3 for sure!

BRONCOchild2.0

Loc.
SoCal
Who cares?!? Honestly! If they want to accessorize the heck out of their Bronco, but it's not your thing....who cares! If they don't want to crawl it, bogg it, take it out to camping...so what! Let people be. It's their vehicle. Regardless of their lack of activities and/or excessive "bling" in their Bronco...it's still their Bronco and not yours.

Also, have a good 3-day weekend!

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't done any research yet, is the 2.3 a no go? All I have I heard is one opinion that said 2.3-2.7 was night and day.
Odd, I've owned both and I test drove a manual 2.3... Now that my shoulder is healed up... If I had my choice all over again, I would get the 2.3 manual tranny version. That was the most fun to drive, in my opinion. My first 6g was the 2.3 in automatic form, which I had for 600 miles before it was totaled. The replacement Bronco has the 2.7...

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I know im gonna hear it but I really don't like the look of the 4 door! Its looks like a suburban. At least the 4 door Jeep looks proportional but the 4 door Bronco does not IMHO!

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I'd like to get it and take it to SMORR and get some mud and rock rash on the tires while taking it down Pewees Crossing. Then head over to Flex and Stuff, Bronco Buster and see just how flexy and stuffy it can be. Maybe Doubble Whammy and Bonzai. Just to change it up a little.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't done any research yet, is the 2.3 a no go? All I have I heard is one opinion that said 2.3-2.7 was night and day.
We've got the 2.3 in the badlands, its about as fast as my EB with the 302 lol. So its got power, its just not very fast. Good little motor

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'd like to get it and take it to SMORR and get some mud and rock rash on the tires while taking it down Pewees Crossing. Then head over to Flex and Stuff, Bronco Buster and see just how flexy and stuffy it can be. Maybe Doubble Whammy and Bonzai. Just to change it up a little.

oh lawd :) lol

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I'd wheel it like a rented mule and scrap the T-Rock sticker off it with a tree or as it is on its side.... sliding back down the Waterfall trail.

OX1

Bronco Guru
I'd wheel it like a rented mule and scrap the T-Rock sticker off it with a tree or as it is on its side.... sliding back down the Waterfall trail.

Has anyone even taken it down even a milder/medium "black" NE (or just east coast) type trail when
it is all sloppy and not broken it? I want to be wrong, but evidence is not looking good for my type if
wheeling areas on steering rack/tie rods, CV shafts, and even front diff. Even claimed that Ford said do
not use locker with wheels coked all the way over. Seems kind of limiting.

Would love to have a street-able wheeler on 36/37's, but not if I have to REALLY baby it.