• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

source for body mount bracket/tower?

Jaybr

Contributor
After pulling the body off the bronco I noticed that the driver side front body mount has been replaced and looks like crap. Is there a source for replacements? others can be repaired but I'd like to get a factory looking bracket in this spot so they match up.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I know some of the vendors offer em or did. I needed the same one years back but don't remember which vendor. In the early days guys would chop onn that mount to fit junkyard ps swaps

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Checked all my normal places and don’t see them. NE, Duffs, Tom’s, WH, Dennis Carpenter, PJ, and none have them on website. BC list one but it’s for the wrong position and they were closed by the time I called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got a picture of your current front one Jaybr?
Even the factory ones looked kind of like crap since they were curved and kinked to begin with.

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Got a picture of your current front one Jaybr?
Even the factory ones looked kind of like crap since they were curved and kinked to begin with.

I’ll post one tomorrow, but after looking at some pics I think it is the factory bracket. Being curved I assumed someone replaced it with a homemade piece.

Abar

Loc.
Missouri
I am in the same boat. I need to replace the drivers side front body mounting bracket. The original one is curved and rusted bad on my 74. The ones at Bronco Graveyard seem to be straight. Is this the correct part or does it need to have the angled bracket.

Abar

Loc.
Missouri
I’ve seen the weld in washers. I’m actually going to put one in the rear mount, but I’m afraid the front is too far gone. I appreciate your comment.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No problem. Let us know if the straight type ends up working and gives you sufficient clearance at all the right places.
Oh, and welcome to classicbroncos too by the way!
I know you've been here for a few months now, but welcome anyway!

Paul

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Mines actually not in too bad of shape, nothing a washer won’t fix. I mistakenly assumed it was the wrong part because it doesn’t match the others. I’ve got a new one on the way along with a full set of the washers and will get it figured out.

Thanks for the helpful responses!
3367724d1d0d789f4c7c81456e13c677.jpg

Contributor
Looks a little beat up, but it is factory.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Looks a little beat up, but it is factory.
Agree with 1969 ..I'll add that the drivers side front mount is factory welded and the passenger side front mount was factory Riveted ..at least on all the frames/EB i've seen..

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I must’ve seen the date wrong or something. I recognized your username but it looked like your join date was June 2022.
Did you have to redo your username to sign back in?

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
I must’ve seen the date wrong or something. I recognized your username but it looked like your join date was June 2022.
Did you have to redo your username to sign back in?

I think I had to re-up my contributor status but username hasn’t changed. Strange, I show 259 post

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know what happened. Wasn’t talking to you at that point. Was talking to Abar.
Mystery solved…

At least I think so anyway. I can’t see join dates or post counts from my phone.

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
I know what happened. Wasn’t talking to you at that point. Was talking to Abar.
Mystery solved…

At least I think so anyway. I can’t see join dates or post counts from my phone.

That makes sense, and no problem at all. I wasn’t offended or anything, just pointing out I’ve been here (off & on) for a while.

Abar

Loc.
Missouri
No problem. Let us know if the straight type ends up working and gives you sufficient clearance at all the right places.
Oh, and welcome to classicbroncos too by the way!
I know you've been here for a few months now, but welcome anyway!

Paul
Thanks Paul. I’ve owned the Bronco for several years, just driving around the farm. Unfortunately I decided to start repairing it and have ended up down to the frame. Lol. Gonna be fun but I have a lot to learn.